Page 1 of 1

Two small questions from a newbie

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 7:53 pm
by Falder
Hi!

This is my first post on the messageboard. First of all I must declare how much I enjoy SPWAW. It is truly a superb wargame. I am using v 4.4.

My questions regard selectable units in the WW2 campaign as the germans. I have come as far as aug 41 and cant select either Jpz I or any SIG:s. I think it was possible in the earlier versions. The Jpz tab get no selection of units
and the SP gun tab give me Stugs. Is it supposed to work like this?

I have searched the archives in this forum but havent noticed any other having this problem.

It is not a big problem, I was just wondering. I am still enormously enjoying this game.

Regards

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 8:59 pm
by Warrior
Hi Falder, and welcome to the ranks! As to the availability of certain units, they are introduced in the menu to coincide with their actual historical introduction dates. So early in the war, for instance, Tigers aren't available. No bug, the weapons will show up as the timeline progresses. I also play the German side, still in North Africa, waiting impatiently for time to pass so I can get my Tigers!

Posted: Wed Nov 29, 2000 9:46 pm
by BA Evans
There were a couple of long threads on this topic about 3-4 weeks ago. Basically, when they updated the OOB's for v4.4 they changed the classification of the SP guns on accident. You will either need to upgrade to the new German OOB's or perform the fixes on your set of OOB's.

See Arrelen's (sp?) posts for the new German OOB's.

BA Evans

Posted: Thu Nov 30, 2000 1:00 pm
by Falder
Thanks for the reply guys. I´ll look for the revised oob.

Falder