Page 1 of 1

A couple questions on the game if I may?

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:36 pm
by kicktothehead
First off -the game so far is my top GOTY - I am loving it. 3 days and 30+ hours in already :)

So I am on game 3 (first 2 were disaster learning experiences after watching Wade Star and Das on You Tube)

I am on round 99 - I am having trouble trying to find out how many hexes my aircraft can fly.

This is the most frustrating part for me so far. Each round I click an aircraft and click x or y - and then right click everywhere wondering where it will go! Sometimes it can get 10 hexes - sometimes it cant even get 3 hexes. It's maddening trying to plan my turn.

Is there a way to see how may hexes they can go?

I have 6 of them (different designs) so I don't recall how I designed them - I was hoping there was an area I could just see "distance 6 hexes" or something each turn?
I know supplies and readiness factor into AP - but how much AP is worth a hex?



Thank you


RE: A couple questions on the game if I may?

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:40 pm
by Sieppo
REP from the top -> models overview -> find the model and the info is there. And pretty much all info you might need.

RE: A couple questions on the game if I may?

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:27 pm
by Soar_Slitherine
You can also get the same information by clicking on the aircraft subunit in the units tab of the bottom bar. Hexes that the currently selected unit can move to or conduct an air mission to (depending on the selected order mode) are highlighted on the map - the same with aircraft as with ground units, though aircraft can only move onto airbases unless they have vertical takeoff and landing capability.

RE: A couple questions on the game if I may?

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:38 pm
by kicktothehead
Thank you both. Somehow I never noticed this! ARG !


also - if I am not at war with a major faction -

How come they are allowed to slowly eat into my territory - but if I click on a hex of theirs it wants me to declare war?

RE: A couple questions on the game if I may?

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:14 pm
by Destragon
Operational range is the range aircraft can do missions at. Movement range is double that.
Your ranges will be reduced if the aircraft doesn't have enough action points though. Porbably because of not enough readiness or not having gotten all the supplies they requested.

ORIGINAL: Sieppo

REP from the top -> models overview -> find the model and the info is there. And pretty much all info you might need.
I strongly recommend going into the Management screen and clicking on the model tab there instead. It's the same info, just organised in a way more readable format.

RE: A couple questions on the game if I may?

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:17 pm
by Sieppo
ORIGINAL: Destragon

Operational range is the range aircraft can do missions at. Movement range is double that.
Your ranges will be reduced if the aircraft doesn't have enough action points though. Porbably because of not enough readiness or not having gotten all the supplies they requested.

ORIGINAL: Sieppo

REP from the top -> models overview -> find the model and the info is there. And pretty much all info you might need.
I strongly recommend going into the Management screen and clicking on the model tab there instead. It's the same info, just organised in a way more readable format.

What about strategic movement? I've been able to move aircraft with it also.

RE: A couple questions on the game if I may?

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:41 pm
by Destragon
Strategic movement works the same as with any other units. You can move them as far as your logistics points can carry it. The amount of logistics points used up per tile is the weight of the unit.

RE: A couple questions on the game if I may?

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:51 pm
by Sieppo
ORIGINAL: Destragon

Strategic movement works the same as with any other units. You can move them as far as your logistics points can carry it. The amount of logistics points used up per tile is the weight of the unit.

But they cannot take off and fly to the nearest airport, if I move them strategically unto a point where there is no field?

RE: A couple questions on the game if I may?

Posted: Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:21 pm
by Destragon
If you move them somewhere where there's no airbase, then their readiness will be 0.

RE: A couple questions on the game if I may?

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:32 am
by PaulAllen1982
ORIGINAL: kicktothehead
also - if I am not at war with a major faction -
How come they are allowed to slowly eat into my territory - but if I click on a hex of theirs it wants me to declare war?

In my experience, territory of major regimes can't be violated without a war declaration and that works both ways.

Minor regimes, when you first meet you can both freely absorb each others territory without a war declaration UNTIL you either accept a request from them to fix borders or you play a strategem card on them to "establish contact" or "propose peace" and they accept.
I think the above 2 cards are the ones that can do it anyway, I'm not 100% sure.

RE: A couple questions on the game if I may?

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:10 am
by zgrssd
ORIGINAL: PaulAllen1982

ORIGINAL: kicktothehead
also - if I am not at war with a major faction -
How come they are allowed to slowly eat into my territory - but if I click on a hex of theirs it wants me to declare war?

In my experience, territory of major regimes can't be violated without a war declaration and that works both ways.

Minor regimes, when you first meet you can both freely absorb each others territory without a war declaration UNTIL you either accept a request from them to fix borders or you play a strategem card on them to "establish contact" or "propose peace" and they accept.
I think the above 2 cards are the ones that can do it anyway, I'm not 100% sure.
You also can not violate a minors borders without war, if you know a enemy unit is there.
If you do not know they are there, you run into a ambush without war declaration and then know they are there.

RE: A couple questions on the game if I may?

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:47 am
by kicktothehead
Thank you!

RE: A couple questions on the game if I may?

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 7:46 am
by KarisFraMauro
I've been fiddling a little with diplomacy and notice that whatever success I have with trade or scientific strategems, the next turn everything reverts to zero. Not sure if it's some kind of glitch or, more likely, I'm missing something. The relations are generally high but cold. Do they have to be friendly? Seems a bit pointless to allow strategems in circumstances where they get nullified before having any effect.

RE: A couple questions on the game if I may?

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:26 am
by jimwinsor
The major is taking action on the following turn to nullify your recently signed agreement. You can usually see a listing of that action in the second tab of the Reports. And yeah, it does make getting those agreements in the first place kinda pointless.

RE: A couple questions on the game if I may?

Posted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:06 am
by KarisFraMauro
Interesting. And, a little disappointing... Thanks for explaining! :)