Page 1 of 1
some basic questions
Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:59 am
by slo
Hello all, big time SC fan switching over to War Plan.
1. how is this game different, what do I have to look forward too?
2. best way to learn, manual or youtube videos? IF videos, which ones?
3. Is the AI any good, I play SC with a buddy but he doesnt want to learn a new game right now....lame....
4. anything else I should know?
5 And what mods should i use if any?
thanks all
slo
RE: some basic questions
Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:17 pm
by gwgardner
So many differences, everything from combat mechanics to supply system. You'll see differences in every aspect of design. The most striking thing to me is that you don't see a lot of units completely destroyed in combat, rather you see incremental losses of efficiency which lead to reduced strength.
Best way is to play, but the videos are a great help. Fiddle around with the mechanics at first, try some combined arms attacks, etc.
After you've played a first game against the AI on normal difficulty, to learn the system, then go to a higher difficulty level to get the best out of the AI. You can increase the AI's supply (which effects efficiency/readiness) and experience, both of which will generally make the AI more aggressive.
Graphics mods are nice, try some out.
RE: some basic questions
Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:35 pm
by AlvaroSousa
RE: some basic questions
Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:35 pm
by Sionnach
RE: some basic questions
Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:44 pm
by slo
thanks for all the help...
Also is PanzrMike's mods the one pretty much everyone uses?
thanks again..
Cant wait
RE: some basic questions
Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:11 pm
by ago1000
I like his. But go to the mods and scenario section of the forum and see which ones you like.
RE: some basic questions
Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:40 pm
by OxfordGuy3
I like this counter mod very much, it's very. "clean" and the colours are good. I think it may now be abandoned by the original developer, but I've started to make a few tweaks to it:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4718357
RE: some basic questions
Posted: Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:40 pm
by slo
thanks so much