Page 1 of 1
WITP:AE
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:34 pm
by AndrewPZ
Just bought the game - i used to play the original many years ago. Any tips for a returning Grog?
I have read many of the AAR and browsed threads pertaining to the game. See you on the pacific!!
RE: WITP:AE
Posted: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:47 pm
by RangerJoe
This is an entire different game. Start small with the Coral Sea scenario, then the Guadalcanal scenario.
When you look at the threads for information, it normally shows the threads only going back for one year. You can change that so look at all of the threads for help. But also look at what the updates have changed as well.
Bookmark the threads that you think that you will need to look at again and again. When in doubt, bookmark it.
Heed Alfred's advise, he is usually correct and will cite relevant threads and/or parts of the manual.
RE: WITP:AE
Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:57 am
by rustysi
This is an entire different game.
+1
RE: WITP:AE
Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:33 am
by Mercenary
hello everyone.
Question. In the "Opponents Wanted" form section, I saw the phrase: "Open to stock, DaBabes, RA, etc."
What does "DaBabes" mean?
What does "RA" mean?
RE: WITP:AE
Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:09 am
by Alfred
They are mods.
Neither Kull nor I recommend new players attempt to play any mods before they have learnt the standard game mechanics involved in the official scenarios which are numbered 1-25. Any scenario number 26 and above is a mod.
Alfred
RE: WITP:AE
Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:48 am
by Yaab
ORIGINAL: Mercenary
hello everyone.
Question. In the "Opponents Wanted" form section, I saw the phrase: "Open to stock, DaBabes, RA, etc."
What does "DaBabes" mean?
What does "RA" mean?
See here for the list of available scenarios for WITP:AE
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3088504
RE: WITP:AE
Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2021 1:31 pm
by Mercenary
Yaab, Alfred.
Thanks.
RE: WITP:AE
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:24 am
by AndrewPZ
Thanks for advice. Good to know it's a different game. I remember I printed the original manual....huge mistake. Anyway I'm going to get a different map mod but that's the only mod I'm using whilst I learn. Oh but as an aside are there any improved art packs for ships and planes? I remember i used loads of them on the original..
RE: WITP:AE
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:42 am
by RangerJoe
ORIGINAL: AndrewPZ
Thanks for advice. Good to know it's a different game. I remember I printed the original manual....huge mistake. Anyway I'm going to get a different map mod but that's the only mod I'm using whilst I learn. Oh but as an aside are there any improved art packs for ships and planes? I remember i used loads of them on the original..
Check out the Scenario Design and Modding forum here:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=715
RE: WITP:AE
Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:59 pm
by AndrewPZ
Ah yes - just the ticket! Much obliged.