Page 1 of 1
OOB Documentation
Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 2:44 am
by ZONER
Has anyone documented the current OOB's I remember seeing the germans in an excel spreadsheet format but I could'nt find it in past posts? Also is anyone currently working on this for other countries or is it done?
Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 2:47 am
by Paul Vebber
ASDN programmed file converters to translate OOBs into Spreadsheet readable format. Let me knoiw and I will send them to anyone interested.
Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 3:14 am
by BlitzSS
Paul I’m interested. I’ve been enjoying this series of gaming since SP1 1st came out, and I’ve been tying to contribute rather then just download and play everyone else’s hard work. It certainly would be interesting and might even prove useful for me to tinker with the OBBs. Can uou send it to me. Tanks
Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 4:45 am
by Paul Vebber
Sent
Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 5:47 am
by Bing
Originally posted by Paul Vebber:
ASDN programmed file converters to translate OOBs into Spreadsheet readable format. Let me knoiw and I will send them to anyone interested.
Paul - Definitely interested, please send IF the program is less than say 7 or 8 megs zipped - we have oxcart phone system here in Michigan.
Assume the program will work with Excel 2000?? Hope so!
Thanks,
Byron Inglesh
Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 7:52 pm
by Don Doom
Possible to get the russian's, british's, usa, and french.
Thanks Don
Let me know if you need my e-mail address.
Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2000 8:19 pm
by lnp4668
Paul, if you could send me the program, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2000 5:35 am
by Polrbear
Paul
I would appreciate it greatly if you could send me the files. Also, is someone working on an official scrub of the complete OOB database?
Thanks
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2001 2:36 am
by 11Bravo
Paul or anybody else,
I would like to get a copy of that program which outputs the OOB's in spreadsheet form.
It's amazing how many people seem to ask this same question, but every time I searched the message boards and the popular web sites for a link to that file: no luck.
Can someone email it to me?
Thanks!
[ April 28, 2001: Message edited by: 11Bravo ]
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2001 3:04 am
by DoubleDeuce
If anyone is interested enough to send me the file (in Excel or a text .csv format) I can dump it into an Access database where I can work on it a little. I am pretty handy with that software (my current job forces me to be creative since they refuse to shell out $$$ for any OSHA or Human Resources Information System software). I could pretty it up into a nice printable format as an appendix to the manual (if it meets with the high quality standards of Matrix

). From there I can then put it into .pdf format for those who have the Adobe software or I could put it into a Snapshot format file (for the FREE Access Report viewer program).
Just send me the file and I'll see what I can do.
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2001 7:35 am
by Keebler
The staff at Matrix games have their hands full enough trying their hardest to get SPWAW 5.0 out to us. I hope I’m helping a little here by posting the OOB to TAB conversion programs.
Here is how they work.
Extract the files to your SPWAW folder. To run the programs use a dos window, or the run option from the start menu. The commands work like this. The program you wish to execute followed by a space and then the file name of the oob you wish to convert.
Example: D:\Steel Panthers World At War\oob2tab.exe OOB70
This will generate 3 files one each for unit, weapon, and formation, these can be opened, edited, printed in excel! The other program Tab2oob will then recombine these to an oob. I think this is what you are looking for, complements of ASDN.
You can get the OOB to TAB progs from this link.
http://www.members.home.net/syl-leclerc/editor.zip

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2001 7:44 am
by Keebler
For anyone that may be interested here are my German and Soviet printable reference charts using version 4.5 OOB.
http://www.members.home.net/syl-leclerc/SovietCht.zip
http://www.members.home.net/syl-leclerc/GermanCht.zip
I am going to try and convert all the OOBs to new charts once I get my hands on the version 5 OOB. I'll post messages on the forum as I complete the charts. It takes longer than it looks to create these charts from the OOB. It took me several hours to get the German one done!

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2001 2:38 pm
by 11Bravo
Thanks Keebler!
I received your email with the files and am happy to see the links posted here as well. It is amazing how so many people take the time and effort to make our hobby and this community so great!
Your chart of the German forces came in handy today as well.
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2001 11:33 pm
by steel
I interested to very much !
Paul. if you could send it to me, i will very glad for that.
steel