Page 1 of 1

Looking for another IJN scalp in Oz.

Posted: Wed May 21, 2003 6:55 pm
by Luskan
Loads of games as the IJN - and one of my 2 USN games is nearing completion - so I've decided that it is time to start a new PBEM with me as the USN.

I'm looking for an experienced IJN opponent that can do high turn-around (at least 1 or 2 a day, more on weekends), and that pretty much means my opponent needs to be in Oz. High turn aroudn means that I want to finish another long scn before WITP comes out!

Tough minded, thickskinned opponents only - I've been known to psych out opponents with ungentlemanly sledging :D - (another reason to look for an aussie opponent, so they can snipe back).

The deal:
Scn 17 (already have several Scn 15s and 19s),
FOW on, damage control on,
Sub Doctrine up to you,
Very variable reinforcement,
120% ijn committment, 100% allies (or something like that)
1 day turns (obviously!)

No replays, or surrenders within 6 months (if at all - sick of opponents loosing 1 battle and throwing in towels etc.).

No lamo house rules.

Savegame slots 2, 3, or 4 available.

Email me at Luskan@iprimus.com.au - don't PM me or reply here.


Disclaimer: Am currently on a sort of road trip - so turns will not be any faster than 2 or so a day until a little way into next week.

Posted: Fri May 23, 2003 12:52 pm
by Luskan
(bump)! ;)

Posted: Sat May 24, 2003 3:49 am
by Crocky
Me....... ??????

Im Playing RaverDave at the moment.......if you can call that a reference and we are up to 5/43? and it will go till the end

Posted: Sat May 24, 2003 4:35 am
by Luskan
Hmm - sounds good! I've only got one other Kiwi scalp and that was hardly sporting (1st CV battle loss and he resigned).

Will have to go and re-read your AAR, see if I get some insights into your opening gambits!

Posted: Sat May 24, 2003 4:43 am
by denisonh
Crocky is busy "smokin' my bags" as the IJN as well.

How many games DO you have going?

Posted: Sat May 24, 2003 6:39 am
by Crocky
8 - 1 Yamamoto just absolutly and totally kicked my arse its around 16 August 42 and he has taken NOumea nad offered me terms of surrender........ dont know what to do may play on for a bit and see what happens

Posted: Mon May 26, 2003 5:18 pm
by Enforcer
If you are still interested I will play the IJN in Scenario 15 or 19

if you are interested please email me back at

tommills@cfl.rr.com

Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:47 am
by Luskan
Sorry guys - should have posted that I've got an opponent weeks ago.
I advertised for 1 usn game, and got three. I have a full range, aggressive, conservative and just right ;)

Enforcer - when I finish one of these games I'll be sure to drop you a line!