Page 1 of 1
How popular is this game?
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:10 pm
by Chernobyl
Seems there are a few regulars here on the forum but the number isn't that high. How many people play this game and how popular is it compared to the other Strategic Command games?
RE: How popular is this game?
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:41 pm
by Bavre
Does this game have non-steam versions?
The steam charts can be found here:
https://steamcharts.com/search/?q=strategic+command
From the charts it seems that the game has a small but pretty constant group of players in the same magnitude as WiE and about 50% that of WaW. Surprises me a bit since WW2 games are usually a lot more mainstream (a bit sacrilegious to apply that term to turn based wargaming, I know) than WW1 ones. On the other hand I started with SCWW1 because I have already played considerably more WW2 than WW1 games.
RE: How popular is this game?
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:41 pm
by USGrant1962
steamdb.info/graph/ shows the following All-Time Peak / Current simultaneous players:
WaW 263 / 182
WiE 115 / 76
WW1 145 / 63
So you could say WaW is 2-3 times more popular than WW1 on Steam.
RE: How popular is this game?
Posted: Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:02 pm
by OldCrowBalthazor
I suspected WaW was the most popular...but then, its a bit more 'accessible' imo. I play all three of the SC games featured...and I love them all on their own merits.
Personally, I think SC-WW1 has a slower tempo, but is more nuanced and complicated then the other 2. The research with this game is more granular, and both sides are more balanced from the get go. That said, I also think its a bit harder to master then the other two...at least it was for me.