Page 1 of 2

Folding electric bike

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:18 pm
by ncc1701e
Does anyone own this type of device? I am looking to buy one but there are so much on the market it is difficult to choose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMOnww8HHOU

I know I am completely off topic but this is the General Discussion forum after all. [:D]

RE: Folding electric bike

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:23 pm
by Lobster
I've been curious about them. Never used one. I live in a very hilly city and wondered how practical they would be here. Would I be pushing it up hills more than riding it up hills? I used to ride my 10 speed everywhere and it was a workout getting up the hills. Now it would kill me. [;)]

RE: Folding electric bike

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:51 pm
by balto
We are avid runners and on weekends, we go to many of the local rail trails. Those bikes are everywhere.

I do not know about the FOLDING type, but I can 100% assure you that electric assist bikes 100% work and are reliable. You can make it so you exert no effort (feet not moving), or variable amounts of effort. When my knees give out and I can no longer run (hopefully never), we are getting these things. Great for any age.., ANY AGE!

All the bike shops near rail trails rent these.., check them out!

PS - I imagine the folding ones are vastly more expensive and not as reliable - the full sized ones.., yeah, they are good to go.

RE: Folding electric bike

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:22 pm
by RangerJoe
I would rather get a scooter with a trailer - to carry important things!

RE: Folding electric bike

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:08 pm
by ncc1701e
I am in dense urban area and I would like to go to work with this bike. I would like a folding electric one to park it in my office.

RE: Folding electric bike

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:25 pm
by Lobster
Makes perfect sense.

RE: Folding electric bike

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:03 am
by demyansk
I used to bike race and I still ride a lot, sometimes those guys try to pass me and then I blow by them. Those $3000 plus bikes are the best

RE: Folding electric bike

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:27 am
by Rising-Sun
I though about getting one myself few years ago, the problems is that i have to carry that thing upstair every time i use it and they arent light at all. I still have my aluminum mountain bike with me.

RE: Folding electric bike

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:18 pm
by springel
In the Netherlands every company has a safe parking space for bicycles.

[Deleted]

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:30 pm
by Anonymous
[Deleted by Admins]

RE: Folding electric bike

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:10 pm
by ncc1701e
Great video thanks. The Jyroball is funny but not for me. [;)]

RE: Folding electric bike

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:13 pm
by ncc1701e
Maybe I have found something:

Fiido D11 foldable electric bike
https://fiido.com/collections/d-series- ... /fiido-d11

Up to 100 km
12.9 Kg
Max 25 km/h

And a cool design.

Image

RE: Folding electric bike

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 4:50 pm
by TulliusDetritus
When people did tourism (before covid) booking.com was a must because it's *universal* therefore you will find tons and tons of customers' opinions = easier to find a decent hotel / hostel.

Youtube reviews... well, it's one guy doing it. I'd go to an universal spot aka Amazon and check the "stars" or ratings of the different bikes you're looking for. Let's say 5k, 6k people can't get it wrong [;)]

[Deleted]

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:13 pm
by Anonymous
[Deleted by Admins]

RE: Folding electric bike

Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:18 pm
by ncc1701e
ORIGINAL: Grognerd_INC

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

Great video thanks. The Jyroball is funny but not for me. [;)]

Funny you say that - I thought about going to work on it and end up going to the hospital instead!

LOL - exactly what I thought.

RE: Folding electric bike

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:00 am
by jhyden
ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

Does anyone own this type of device? I am looking to buy one but there are so much on the market it is difficult to choose.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMOnww8HHOU

I know I am completely off topic but this is the General Discussion forum after all. [:D]


I recently got a ninebot-s for recreation. it's much safer than a hoverboard!


Image




- also, here is some eye-candy: [:)]


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB3qTVg3hhs


best wishes to all ~


RE: Folding electric bike

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:37 am
by balto
I understand the desire for folding/small if it is a work/commuter thing and storing in office.

But if it is for exercise and a desire to see things (which is most buyers, I imagine), be aware that the larger wheel sizes (standard 10 speeds, not sure how those dimensions work) are designed for this. The small wheel ones (all folding are small, but there are also non-folding small wheel ones) do appear on the trails, etc.., and they are less expensive, but most realize very quickly that they made a mistake and should have bought a "large wheeled" one.

RE: Folding electric bike

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:16 pm
by MrsWargamer
I don't know when it will happen (I hope a long time from now), but I predict I will eventually have to give up riding my conventional bike. I have a very nice bike that is best described as something you choose for riding really long distances in comfort. Long distances to me equals 60k in a long day (with a great deal of aches for days afterwards :) ). I routinely only putter around town on it for shopping and reach maybe 5k.

Life is what it is, and I will be in my 60s in 2023. And I will shoot myself in the head before I buy one of those skooter chair things.
So I suspect, I will before long be researching the same subject as this thread. I'm likely to favour something able to go long distances. Might as well, as a folding bike is of no use to me, I have zero potential to pick one up and bring it into my 3rd floor attic home :)
The cost will be brutal I'm sure. I consider having 100 bucks of savable money in a month to be a good month. So I'm guessing I'll need something epic to allow me to afford one.

RE: Folding electric bike

Posted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:38 pm
by ncc1701e
So finally, after a lot of research and comparison, I bought a British folding electric bike.

It is the Brompton Electric and I must say I really enjoy it so far.
Designed and produced near London.

UK = best folding bike of the world!!!




Image

[Deleted]

Posted: Sun May 16, 2021 4:47 pm
by Anonymous
[Deleted by Admins]