Page 1 of 1
RIP Christopher Plummer
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:42 pm
by ncc1701e
Sad news.
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-55954950
I will always remember him for two roles:
1. Eddie Chapman in
Triple Cross,
2. General Chang of the Klingon empire in
Star Trek VI.

RE: RIP Christopher Plummer
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:15 pm
by redcoat
He was my favourite on-screen Duke of Wellington

[Deleted]
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 5:42 pm
by Anonymous
[Deleted by Admins]
RE: RIP Christopher Plummer
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:02 pm
by LarryP
I remember him in Sound Of Music. Great actor.
RE: RIP Christopher Plummer
Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:20 pm
by rommel222
Greetings ncc1701e,
Such a great actor and sad loss. May he rest in peace.
https://www.wamc.org/post/christopher-p ... ic-dies-91
Enjoyed him in Conduct Unbecoming:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1v7BCFGdxtI
RE: RIP Christopher Plummer
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:03 am
by Rebel Yell
He was also in The Battle of Britain. That, The Sound of Music, and Star Trek are my fondest memories of him.
My daughters will forever remember his voice as the narrator of all the Madeline movies they watched growing up.
God bless, love and comfort his family and friends.
RE: RIP Christopher Plummer
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:35 am
by warspite1
He was also the voice of the baddie in
Up
As Redcoat said, he
is the Iron Duke. Wonderful performance in
Waterloo.
I heard he specifically asked to wear the Canada flash in
Battle of Britain - nice touch.
I was saddened by his comments about the brilliant
Sound of Music, but so pleased he softened his attitude toward the film later in life.
RIP Christopher Plummer
Sound of Music. A Beautiful film
Battle of Britain. There was an Englishman, a Kiwi and a Canuck standing in a field.....
Mmmmm... Spoiler alert... it doesn't end well for any of these characters....
Waterloo. Wellington (Plummer) With the ill-fated DeLancey (Ogilvy)

RE: RIP Christopher Plummer
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:59 am
by TDefender
ORIGINAL: redcoat
He was my favourite on-screen Duke of Wellington
“
Gentlemen, today's fox."
[&o][&o][&o][&o]
RE: RIP Christopher Plummer
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:07 am
by MrRoadrunner
RIP.
I also thought that the Sound of Music was a great role for him. He played it so well.
RR
RE: RIP Christopher Plummer
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:00 pm
by ncc1701e
ORIGINAL: warspite1
Battle of Britain. There was an Englishman, a Kiwi and a Canuck standing in a field.....
Mmmmm... Spoiler alert... it doesn't end well for any of these characters....
Mmmmm... Only two of them if I remember well.
RE: RIP Christopher Plummer
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:35 pm
by warspite1
ORIGINAL: ncc1701e
ORIGINAL: warspite1
Battle of Britain. There was an Englishman, a Kiwi and a Canuck standing in a field.....
Mmmmm... Spoiler alert... it doesn't end well for any of these characters....
Mmmmm... Only two of them if I remember well.
warspite1
Nope - all three. The Kiwi ended up in the Channel, Cranfield blew up - "He just blew up!" and Harvey was badly burned thanks to being trapped in his fighter for a while before parachuting out. You remember poorly [;)]
RE: RIP Christopher Plummer
Posted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:20 pm
by sPzAbt653
Two others I remember him from, as Henrik Vanger in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011), and as Monsignor Orelas in Priest (2011).
RE: RIP Christopher Plummer
Posted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:02 am
by RFalvo69
He lived a long life and did what he loved until the very end. R.I.P.