Page 1 of 1

SOLVED: Could use help with messagebox to select mod at every start of game

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:53 am
by masc
Hi,

When I start the game a message box pops up asking me to select a mod.

If I select 0 the game starts but when I select 1 I get an error message stating "mod file caused an error".
I don't even know why I get this message box at every start and don't know how to get rid of it for good. Where can I find some documentation about the defualtmod.txt or can someone explain to me why that happens and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Have Fun! [:)]


Image

RE: Could use help with messagebox to select mod at every start of game

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:39 pm
by zgrssd
0 is the basegame without mods
1. Seems to be the path to the Basegame. But as a mod-name that makes no sense. I would guess it is broken.

So just pick 0.
Maybe report this to Vic under Technical Support.

RE: Could use help with messagebox to select mod at every start of game

Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:31 pm
by masc
I found out what it was. I created a MODS folder in the games folder that is used by a mod-tool I use to install and uninstall mods easily. The game itself seems to look for a folder called mods as well and offered to load the mod I had there. [:D]

RE: Could use help with messagebox to select mod at every start of game

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:14 am
by newageofpower
ORIGINAL: masc

I found out what it was. I created a MODS folder in the games folder that is used by a mod-tool I use to install and uninstall mods easily. The game itself seems to look for a folder called mods as well and offered to load the mod I had there. [:D]
What modtool and what mods are you using?

RE: Could use help with messagebox to select mod at every start of game

Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:45 am
by masc
It's JSGME = Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler. Quite simple but great tool. It lets you install and uninstall mods with just one click. Can't post link because I'm to "new".

Regarding mods so far I only use the fantastic DASTactics Icon mod. But am looking forward to also using the Stratagem cards mod that is still in the works by Jymous.