Page 1 of 1

Night?

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:41 pm
by ncc1701e
In the rules, I don't see anything about night turns, dawn or anything like this. Am I mistaken?

RE: Night?

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:44 pm
by joeyeti
Nope, nothing like that,

RE: Night?

Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:15 pm
by yobowargames
That is correct. But I added in some weather effects to give some environmental feeling to the games. They can be turned off if desired.

RE: Night?

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 2:14 pm
by ncc1701e
Does the weather effects impact LOS?

RE: Night?

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:28 pm
by z1812
ORIGINAL: yobowargames

That is correct. But I added in some weather effects to give some environmental feeling to the games. They can be turned off if desired.

I presume they do not affect gameplay as they can be turned off.

I would like to see LOS tempered by time of day.

RE: Night?

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:32 am
by joeyeti
Guys, you are making demands of the game that are not in the rules system. This would need to be playtested etc. and as far as I know Lance wanted to take an existing board wargame and make a PC version of it (with appropriate tweaks etc. of course).

RE: Night?

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:24 am
by z1812
ORIGINAL: joeyeti

Guys, you are making demands of the game that are not in the rules system. This would need to be playtested etc. and as far as I know Lance wanted to take an existing board wargame and make a PC version of it (with appropriate tweaks etc. of course).

These kind of suggestions are exactly why the forum exists. To indicate the type of features people would enjoy in the game.

Of course any added features would have to playtested. That is an important part of the beta process.

RE: Night?

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:31 am
by joeyeti
That is entirely up to Lance (and Barry Doyle as the designer of the original board wargame, depending on what they agreed upon).

But in my mind these things do complicate the elegant simplicity of the game.

RE: Night?

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:19 pm
by ncc1701e
My initial question was about the rules. But, I was told that there is an optional added rule regarding weather effects. Thus my question about LOS.

I understand perfectly the rules are simple and we are not trying to replicate ASL.

RE: Night?

Posted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:25 pm
by DingBat

Just to drop a note: We read all the feedback here and, so far as I'm aware, we've never rejected any idea out of hand. In fact, we have quite a few playtester suggestions in the feature request list.

All I'd ask is to please remember that the pipeline has limited bandwidth. [:)]

RE: Night?

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:15 am
by z1812
ORIGINAL: DingBat


Just to drop a note: We read all the feedback here and, so far as I'm aware, we've never rejected any idea out of hand. In fact, we have quite a few playtester suggestions in the feature request list.

All I'd ask is to please remember that the pipeline has limited bandwidth. [:)]

It seems to me there is quite a bit of interest amongst tactical gamers. The inclusion of an editor ups that interest.

You may need a bigger pipe. [;)]

RE: Night?

Posted: Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:08 pm
by rico21
The rules are sufficient on their own but...


Image

RE: Night?

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:38 pm
by JWW
I have not played the board game but am very interested in this project. I would say do a great job of getting the computer game out as a board game conversion as planned and then work on additions like night rules afterwards.

RE: Night?

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:21 pm
by z1812
ORIGINAL: jwarrenw13

I have not played the board game but am very interested in this project. I would say do a great job of getting the computer game out as a board game conversion as planned and then work on additions like night rules afterwards.


The above is logical, however the game is in the tactical gaming category.........and it has some very good competitors.

A few more common features like FOG, Weather, and time of day, that are not cosmetic, but have an effect on gameplay would help with sales.

It does have an editor which is a great feature. I wonder will there be a battle generator?