Page 1 of 1
What happened to the "matrix edition"???
Posted: Mon May 26, 2003 2:24 pm
by Kuniworth
I bought a new computer and downloaded Wir just to find that this was no more the "matrix edition". What happened, Ive think someone said that Grigsby took back the rights or whats up?
Anyway, anyone got the Matrix XP-windows edition at home?
If so could someone please send the file to me at
Kuniworth@hotmail.com
regards
Re: What happened to the "matrix edition"???
Posted: Tue May 27, 2003 5:28 am
by Ed Cogburn
Originally posted by Kuniworth
I bought a new computer and downloaded Wir just to find that this was no more the "matrix edition". What happened, Ive think someone said that Grigsby took back the rights or whats up?
Anyway, anyone got the Matrix XP-windows edition at home?
If so could someone please send the file to me at
Kuniworth@hotmail.com
regards
There is no "XP Windows" edition. Its still EGA DOS. "Matrix Edition" just referred to this being an update from the SSI version. Saying "version 3.x" amounts to saying the same thing because the last SSI version was 2.x.
Calling it the "Matrix Edition" though is wrong in that it implies Matrix actually does the work on it, and that's not the case. Arnaud is the only one allowed to work on it, and he doesn't work for Matrix.
Posted: Tue May 27, 2003 5:57 pm
by Kuniworth
Yes I understand, but previous version had an intro by matrix and ran in windows. Now it´s the old boring non-existing intro again. What happened?
Posted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:21 pm
by Ed Cogburn
Originally posted by Kuniworth
Yes I understand, but previous version had an intro by matrix and ran in windows. Now it´s the old boring non-existing intro again. What happened?
I can't remember that intro, I never used it. WIR itself has always been a DOS app, so I always stripped out the Windows stuff Matrix added anyway as it was unnecessary.