Page 1 of 1

How to...

Posted: Mon May 26, 2003 6:15 pm
by Ritvars
1. Is it possible to disband HQ? How?
2. What are conditions to evacuate St.Petersberg? Shuold I keep railway to the rest of Russia open? Or is it enough to go on with blockade rules?

Re: How to...

Posted: Tue May 27, 2003 6:31 am
by Ed Cogburn
Originally posted by Ritvars
1. Is it possible to disband HQ? How?



Shift-R should do it when its empty.

2. What are conditions to evacuate St.Petersberg? Shuold I keep railway to the rest of Russia open? Or is it enough to go on with blockade rules?

Don't understand the question.

Evacuating St.Petersberg

Posted: Tue May 27, 2003 4:49 pm
by Ritvars
Sorry for poor English - I was quite tired when posted questions. The second thing I was looking to find out was - when is the right (or the last) time to move heavy industry from St.Petersberg to Urals.

Re: Evacuating St.Petersberg

Posted: Fri May 30, 2003 1:18 pm
by Ed Cogburn
Originally posted by Ritvars
Sorry for poor English - I was quite tired when posted questions. The second thing I was looking to find out was - when is the right (or the last) time to move heavy industry from St.Petersberg to Urals.

There is no easy answer to that. It depends on how long you think you can hold Leningrad, or more specifically, how long you think you can hold the rail line to Leningrad.

St.Petersburg railway

Posted: Fri May 30, 2003 4:35 pm
by Ritvars
So I have to keep railway to the mainland (Moscow direction)open?

Re: St.Petersburg railway

Posted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:44 pm
by K62_
Originally posted by Ritvars
So I have to keep railway to the mainland (Moscow direction)open?


No, it is enough to be in supply. Just don't ask how they move the factories over Lake Lagoda ;)

(actually I think they had a railway over the ice...)

Thanks

Posted: Sat May 31, 2003 5:56 pm
by Ritvars
Thanks a lot. I`ll try to move my heavy industry over Ladoga lake.

Re: Re: St.Petersburg railway

Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 2:19 pm
by Speedysteve
Originally posted by K62
No, it is enough to be in supply. Just don't ask how they move the factories over Lake Lagoda ;)


One of life's little mysteries! The ingenuity of Russians ;)

Originally posted by K62

(actually I think they had a railway over the ice...)


Most certainly did, more than one IIRC. A perilous journey for the men involved - threat of air attack and the potential of falling through the ice to a certain icy death..........