Page 1 of 1
Brandenburgers - German special forces
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:30 am
by Templer_12
Are the
Brandenburgers in the game now?
RE: Brandenburgers - German special forces
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:49 am
by Technopiper
Why should it be in the game? Its role, romantic as it may be, wasn't big enough to justify a special rule just for it in a game of this scale.
RE: Brandenburgers - German special forces
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:50 pm
by ObeseMonkey
the scale doesn't allow them to be represented, but I guess their role will be represented through various abstractions (ie recon by units and all that). But I wasn't aware they did very much in Russia. Wasn't most of their operational use against the west or in Africa?
RE: Brandenburgers - German special forces
Posted: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:50 pm
by Technopiper
It did took part in Operation Blau in the Caucasus. Again it is a minute detail that has to be abstracted in this game. Same reason Skorzeny, Operation Greif, or the SIG (whose exploits the film Tobruk was based on, now that's sexy) isn't found in WitW. Can't expect a a grand strategy game to contain all sorts of gratuitous details.
RE: Brandenburgers - German special forces
Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:08 am
by Templer_12
The War in the X series calculates everything down to the single bullet. From this point of view, my request is valid.
One feature that I've particularly liked since War in the West is the units insignia.
I would have liked it, if the Brandenburg insignia had appeared somewhere.
RE: Brandenburgers - German special forces
Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:25 am
by RedLancer
Maybe not quite what you are looking for:

RE: Brandenburgers - German special forces
Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:06 am
by Templer_12
ORIGINAL: RedLancer
Maybe not quite what you are looking for:
Exactly what I am looking for.
