Page 1 of 1
MPPs and Convoys
Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:02 am
by ruskicanuk
Clarification question about MPPs and Convoys. I observe that minors often send MPPs to UK that don't add up to the total production of their resources/cities (typically far less). Does UK still fetch those resources? if so, are the convoy resources "bonus" MPPs beyond what the listed value of their cities/resources provide? When Germany captures the same minor (Eg. Iraq) I notice that they do not have a convoy - I'm guessing they get all the MPPs directly? I guess trying to clarify the convoy income and from where it comes and whether its bonus income or a subset... thanks!
RE: MPPs and Convoys
Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:17 pm
by Elessar2
WAG: It may be that the Industrial Modifier (+ any tech increases in same) may cut down on the actual income as indicated on the map.
RE: MPPs and Convoys
Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:16 am
by BillRunacre
ORIGINAL: ruskicanuk
Clarification question about MPPs and Convoys. I observe that minors often send MPPs to UK that don't add up to the total production of their resources/cities (typically far less). Does UK still fetch those resources? if so, are the convoy resources "bonus" MPPs beyond what the listed value of their cities/resources provide? When Germany captures the same minor (Eg. Iraq) I notice that they do not have a convoy - I'm guessing they get all the MPPs directly? I guess trying to clarify the convoy income and from where it comes and whether its bonus income or a subset... thanks!
If a country is sending MPPs via a convoy then that is the only way it will provide any MPPs to the Major.
If there is no convoy then you are right in that the Major receives income from all resources in friendly hands.
RE: MPPs and Convoys
Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:09 am
by Fafnir
What happens if Iraq is in allied hands but Basra is captured or its port is below 5?
A convoy is not possible then, but will UK get then still the income from the resources/towns from Iraq which are still occupied?
RE: MPPs and Convoys
Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:03 am
by BillRunacre
No, if the country is set to provide MPPs via convoy, and the convoy cannot be sent, then the Major receives no income from it.
RE: MPPs and Convoys
Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:15 am
by ruskicanuk
thanks for that explanation. so if I open up the 1943 scenario, I observe that Iraq has 2 oil fields (30 MPP) plus Baghdad (5 MPP) and Basra (2.5 MPP) = 37.5 MPP total. Yet the convoy from Iraq only generates 19 MPP for UK (Summer, I assume no seasonal discounting). So what happened to those other 18.5 MPP? (37.5 - 19)
RE: MPPs and Convoys
Posted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:50 pm
by Elessar2
As I said, I suspect the Industrial Modifier is to "blame." UK starts with 50%, and if there have been no tech increases, there ya go.
RE: MPPs and Convoys
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:24 am
by Hubert Cater
ORIGINAL: ruskicanuk
thanks for that explanation. so if I open up the 1943 scenario, I observe that Iraq has 2 oil fields (30 MPP) plus Baghdad (5 MPP) and Basra (2.5 MPP) = 37.5 MPP total. Yet the convoy from Iraq only generates 19 MPP for UK (Summer, I assume no seasonal discounting). So what happened to those other 18.5 MPP? (37.5 - 19)
It is just not collected and nothing happens to those MPPs. The convoy relationship and the rate of MPP transfer via that convoy dictates the amount sent and collected etc.
RE: MPPs and Convoys
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:55 am
by EarlyDoors
wait, what.. so if the UK invades German occupied Norway and captures everything apart from Oslo, it's port and convoy
Then the UK receives no additional MPP from the Trondheim mine etc
Germany receives no MPP from any resources (before or after invasion)
Germany will receive the value from the convoy (which may be reduced because of UK occupation of resources)
Is this right?
RE: MPPs and Convoys
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:39 am
by BillRunacre
ORIGINAL: EarlyDoors
wait, what.. so if the UK invades German occupied Norway and captures everything apart from Oslo, it's port and convoy
Then the UK receives no additional MPP from the Trondheim mine etc
The UK will collect MPPs from resources because its income from Norway is not flowing via a convoy script.
Germany will receive the value from the convoy (which may be reduced because of UK occupation of resources)
Yes, that is correct.
I hope that makes sense?
RE: MPPs and Convoys
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:44 am
by EarlyDoors
ORIGINAL: BillRunacre
ORIGINAL: EarlyDoors
wait, what.. so if the UK invades German occupied Norway and captures everything apart from Oslo, it's port and convoy
Then the UK receives no additional MPP from the Trondheim mine etc
The UK will collect MPPs from resources because its income from Norway is not flowing via a convoy script.
Germany will receive the value from the convoy (which may be reduced because of UK occupation of resources)
Yes, that is correct.
I hope that makes sense?
Ah ok, great so there is value in UK attacking Norway, thx
RE: MPPs and Convoys
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:16 pm
by LoneRunner
ORIGINAL: Elessar2
As I said, I suspect the Industrial Modifier is to "blame." UK starts with 50%, and if there have been no tech increases, there ya go.
Elessar2, I'm pretty sure that the industrial modifier only affects "home" production, not production from colonies or conquests.
RE: MPPs and Convoys
Posted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:37 pm
by BillRunacre
ORIGINAL: LoneRunner
ORIGINAL: Elessar2
As I said, I suspect the Industrial Modifier is to "blame." UK starts with 50%, and if there have been no tech increases, there ya go.
Elessar2, I'm pretty sure that the industrial modifier only affects "home" production, not production from colonies or conquests.
You are right, the Industrial Modifier only affects the MPP collection of Majors.