Page 1 of 1

physical/print manual query

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:28 pm
by Phoenix100
I assumed this had been dealt with but searched and couldn't find, so - how will I know when my print manual has shipped, or will be shipped, roughly etc? Thanks.

RE: physical/print manual query

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:28 pm
by Sigwolfe
I was curious, as well. I'm dying to know if I made it into the 'lucky first 1000' manuals...

RE: physical/print manual query

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:07 pm
by btd64
You should get a email from Matrix/Slithering informing you that it has shipped....GP

RE: physical/print manual query

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:36 pm
by JamesM
When it is shipped will a tracking number be included in the notification e-mail?

RE: physical/print manual query

Posted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:19 pm
by Erik Rutins
Hi folks,

You should receive an e-mail. Whether there is tracking depends on the shipping option that you chose from those available for your location.

Regards,

- Erik

RE: physical/print manual query

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:48 am
by Sigwolfe
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi folks,

You should receive an e-mail. Whether there is tracking depends on the shipping option that you chose from those available for your location.

Regards,

- Erik
Which is apparently, again, a crap shoot, as there was no mention in selecting one of two available shipping options which included tracking. I know you guys are dealing with some unknowns in worldwide shipping... but you are providing your customers no information at all with which to base a decision. The chosen shipping option should also have no bearing on whether or not a given order is within the first hardcover manual shipment, yet Matrix offers no information there, either. Give the customers a hint of information, please. We've already offered up our money.

RE: physical/print manual query

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:45 am
by Erik Rutins
ORIGINAL: Sigwolfe
Which is apparently, again, a crap shoot, as there was no mention in selecting one of two available shipping options which included tracking.

The Courier option in this case is the one which has full tracking guaranteed. I'll suggest that we make that more clear.
I know you guys are dealing with some unknowns in worldwide shipping... but you are providing your customers no information at all with which to base a decision.

Frankly we have no way of knowing which is the best shipping option for a given customer in a particular location. We provide a courier option and a normal post option and allow the customer to decide which is more suitable.
The chosen shipping option should also have no bearing on whether or not a given order is within the first hardcover manual shipment, yet Matrix offers no information there, either. Give the customers a hint of information, please. We've already offered up our money.

Well it certainly does not and we never suggested it did. The first 1,000 manuals from what I know were spoken for with the pre-orders and I did mention this before the release. Any orders after release I expect will be going out once we receive the second shipment. If you're suggesting we should have provided real-time information on whether an order being placed was in the first 1,000 for a product or not, unfortunately we do not have that capability in the store. The product page was written to make clear that some physical orders would go out sooner and others significantly later due to the shipping situation, but all receive their download copy immediately.

Regards,

- Erik

RE: physical/print manual query

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:35 am
by riflebrigade
Is the page size of the manual which comes with the game smaller than printing the pages from the download version, which for me would be A1?

RE: physical/print manual query

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:44 am
by coolts
ORIGINAL: riflebrigade

Is the page size of the manual which comes with the game smaller than printing the pages from the download version, which for me would be A1?

A1??? That's enormous! A table sized hardback manual! Sign me up [:)]

RE: physical/print manual query

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:08 am
by Erik Rutins
The printed manual pages are around 7.5" x 9.5"

RE: physical/print manual query

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:05 pm
by Sigwolfe
ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Well it certainly does not and we never suggested it did. The first 1,000 manuals from what I know were spoken for with the pre-orders and I did mention this before the release. Any orders after release I expect will be going out once we receive the second shipment. If you're suggesting we should have provided real-time information on whether an order being placed was in the first 1,000 for a product or not, unfortunately we do not have that capability in the store. The product page was written to make clear that some physical orders would go out sooner and others significantly later due to the shipping situation, but all receive their download copy immediately.

Just as I never suggested you weren't clear that some manuals would ship later than others. I know you said the first 1000 were spoken for in pre-order. I was one of those pre-orders... I just don't know if I was one of the first 1000 pre-orders. [;)]

I really didn't intend to give you a hard time. I'm just really excited for it to arrive and the anticipation led my reply to come across much more aggressively than I intended. I also appreciate the digital version, as it was downloaded and installed on my laptop within an hour of release, and is running in the background as I type this.

I know you guys are working hard and it will get here eventually, so I am sorry for my impatience.

RE: physical/print manual query

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:31 pm
by Phoenix100
Well, thanks Erik, for answering part of my question. The other part was about roughly when the manuals would start shipping? I think I bought first day of pre-orders, so I'm probably in that 1,000. Are they shipping already? Not pestering you about it, just keen - I mean, the last time I had my hands on a printed manual was over a decade ago.... Thanks.