Page 1 of 1

the *

Posted: Wed May 28, 2003 8:28 pm
by Rhodan
The * that shows up when you are spotted. Does anyone have any idea how I turn that feature off?

Posted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:50 pm
by Teräspantteri
Shift+*

I guess that works only during the deployment...

Hmmmm...

Posted: Wed May 28, 2003 9:53 pm
by Orzel Bialy
A hammer and sickle avatar....with a Finnish banner. One would think that those two didn't mix well in regard to a WW2 sim. :D ;) :p


of course look at me....Polish ID name and loves German armor. LOL :D

Re: Hmmmm...

Posted: Wed May 28, 2003 11:12 pm
by sandman20
Originally posted by Orzel Bialy
A hammer and sickle avatar....with a Finnish banner. One would think that those two didn't mix well in regard to a WW2 sim. :D ;) :p


LOL
I think that every country have some closet-communists, even Finland have some :D :p :p :rolleyes: :D

Posted: Thu May 29, 2003 12:40 am
by Teräspantteri
Don't worry, I'll be flying a Soviet banner as soon as Paddington (or anyone else) gets it done.

And yes, I'm your standard pot-smoking commie-hippie. :cool: :p

Posted: Thu May 29, 2003 2:18 am
by Alby
download the latest H2H in a few days and youll never see it again!

Posted: Thu May 29, 2003 5:49 am
by Tequila
Just out of curiousity why would anyone want to turn that option off?

Enquiring minds want to know :cool:

Posted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:05 am
by Rhodan
Realism mostly, altho I am not a history buff that needs to have every detail exactly as it was, I do find these weird 'spider senses' ..well...weird :D

Posted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:11 am
by Krec
thats great news, never fully understood the* anyway. kind of tough setting up good ambushes when that darn * is giving away spotting lanes and possible fire zones:cool:

Posted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:47 am
by rbrunsman
The manual says that WWII soldiers reported being able to tell when someone was looking at them.

I like the *. I think getting rid of it all together is wrong. I would be happy with a compromise that the * works only when you, yourself, have already spotted the unit that has now spotted you. No one would disagree that body language will change drastically as soon as a unit knows it is being watched. The key is being able to see that body language change (distance is not a concern here). Thus, if I see you, I should be able to tell if you see me. Without this knowledge you cannot know if your beautiful ambush has been recognized.

(I hope that was a clear enough explanation.)

An H2H Update? Awesome!

Posted: Fri May 30, 2003 12:47 am
by Birdgunner
Originally posted by Alby
download the latest H2H in a few days and youll never see it again!
A new H2H Mod? Cool! I didn't like the * anyway.
When exactly is the new H2H be coming out and will there be an announcement posted?

Looking forward to it.

Posted: Fri May 30, 2003 3:25 am
by Alby
See "H2H deadline" thread on this page

Thanks!

Posted: Fri May 30, 2003 3:33 am
by Birdgunner
Found it a short while ago. :)

Thanks Alby!:D