Page 1 of 2

Beta 11u1

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:48 pm
by AlvaroSousa
Beta 1.00.10 Beta 11u1

Fixed Victory calculations vs A.I. games
Fixed scenarios where Allies go first build queue delay bug
Fixed bug running continuous naval scripts twice
Fixed events editor bug not clearing on load
Fixed Canadian HQ now has a name
Fixed transport script bug loading garrisoning unit
Change air units only on naval mission will intercept fleets but will still fly ground support
Fixed naval support does not work if the fleet is in port
Change reduced UK starting army by 100 strength reflecting historical starting forces
Fixed interdiction and pursuit report titles
Fixed land/air not losing 5% when loaded in port
Fixed A.I. experience bonus levels with scripted and queued units


French adjustments will be done slowly. When WarPlan was beta tested the UK had historical forces but was a little too weak. So forces were adjusted up to compensate. Later invasions were made harder and the game was balanced better. But now the "big BEF" strategy is too big. In this version the UK has been adjusted back to historical forces. This will be the first adjustment. Now the UK has to decide. Sacrifice literally everything to put a Big BEF or a moderate one and defend its other locations?

100 strength is a little more than 3 corps. I think this should make a difference in France. So other bugs were fixed like naval support in port.

As for the French fleet.... There was nothing I could find in historical documents that allows me some modification there. Regardless of what happened to the French fleet the French would do the same thing and the Germans would still establish Vichy France the same way. If the improvements above don't adjust things better I will have to get creative.

My personal opinion is that France if a part of the game that lasts from late June to August and should generally fall within that time range depending on how much effort the UK puts into it while sacrificing in other places. It shouldn't be a huge game changer that forces the Axis into one strategy. Sure due to luck maybe a few games go to September or end in early June but it shouldn't be the norm.

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:10 pm
by MorningDew
Alvaro - I thought the plan was, going forward, to add a beta prefix to scenarios so the release version wasn't over ridden by the beta version?

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:00 pm
by AlvaroSousa
I'll adjust it.

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:09 pm
by AlvaroSousa
Ok done. They all have "beta_" in front. You don't need the folders BTW so I removed them.

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:54 pm
by ComadrejaKorp
In this version the UK has been adjusted back to historical forces. This will be the first adjustment. Now the UK has to decide. Sacrifice literally everything to put a Big BEF or a moderate one and defend its other locations?

100 strength is a little more than 3 corps. I think this should make a difference in France


Where did you make the 100 force point adjustment for UK?

I just installed Beta and I do not see changes with the official version, neither in the initial forces nor in the deployment queue.

Neither does it seem to change the% of war effort or the pp received.

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:39 pm
by AlvaroSousa
WDF is now 3 strength.
The forces in N.A. have been reduced down in strength to basically 1/2 a corp as they were historically.

The units in the UK cut in half their strength

The units in the queue reduced to 10 strength.

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:53 pm
by ComadrejaKorp
Strange, my screen indicates beta 11u1 but I do not see these changes that you mention, there is no change in the units of Uk, am I the only one? Maybe I updated the Beta badly?

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:59 pm
by ComadrejaKorp
Fixed Canadian HQ now has a name

Also without change here, I continue with a subordinate.
I uninstall everything and reinstall.

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:03 pm
by ComadrejaKorp
Change air units only on naval mission will intercept fleets but will still fly ground support

This change works fine

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:15 pm
by ComadrejaKorp
Fixed, I found the problem, I had not updated scenarios.

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:52 pm
by AlvaroSousa
Tada!

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:20 am
by Tanaka
ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

Ok done. They all have "beta_" in front. You don't need the folders BTW so I removed them.

Seems we do need the folders for graphical mods though?

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:07 pm
by ncc1701e
ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

Ok done. They all have "beta_" in front. You don't need the folders BTW so I removed them.

How do it work? The beta code engine will called all the "beta_" scenario names only?

Thanks

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:36 pm
by AlvaroSousa
ORIGINAL: Tanaka

ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

Ok done. They all have "beta_" in front. You don't need the folders BTW so I removed them.

Seems we do need the folders for graphical mods though?

I updated it with the folders.

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:36 pm
by AlvaroSousa
ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

Ok done. They all have "beta_" in front. You don't need the folders BTW so I removed them.

How do it work? The beta code engine will called all the "beta_" scenario names only?

Thanks

It's just a name to distinguish it. You will have 2 sets of games. The official and the beta versions.

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:09 am
by george420
Thanks Alvaro.[&o]

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:14 am
by joey
ORIGINAL: ComadrejaKorp

Fixed, I found the problem, I had not updated scenarios.

For the benefit of a new player, how do I update scenarios with this beta?

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:22 pm
by AlvaroSousa
Download the scenarios and copy paste them into...

C:\Users\"your user name"\Documents\My Games\WarPlan\Campaigns

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:27 pm
by Harrybanana
ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

My personal opinion is that France if a part of the game that lasts from late June to August and should generally fall within that time range depending on how much effort the UK puts into it while sacrificing in other places. It shouldn't be a huge game changer that forces the Axis into one strategy. Sure due to luck maybe a few games go to September or end in early June but it shouldn't be the norm.


I think the problem with the big BEF isn't just when France falls, but how much the Germans lose in taking it. In my AAR with Hadros where I am the Allies I used the big BEF strategy (also called the All-In Strategy). France did fall in August. But Hadros lost 2 Armour, 1 Mechanized and an infantry. That is a pretty heavy butchers bill for him. Having said that, the changes you have made of weakening the UK land forces may be enough to discourage the Big BEF in the future.

RE: Beta 11u1

Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:58 pm
by AlvaroSousa
Allied players are playing with hindsight. Casualties are unavoidable. The beta has a new adjustment. We start there and see where it goes.