Air power
Posted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:32 pm
So I am playing Axis against Soviet AI. I use AI airpower in totality, letting the computer handle it. On the first turn the Axis airpower slaughtered the Soviet air force on the ground. It's now turn 46 and my Airpower has flown less than 50 TOTAL sorties mostly some supply runs. What's going on? All the AOG's are set on flexible, not following any HQ's. The airbases and units have moved closer to the front, in supply, full readiness and availability (Heck they haven't lost 5 planes in 46 turns - they ought to be).
What am I doing wrong? The Ground support button is on. Fighters are within range but never fly air superiority missions. I have not changed anything in the doctrines, the mission and escort are set at 100% the required is still 20%. The min weather needed is still poor. You see the planes located near the front on airbases. I execute the AI button every turn but nothing happens, always zero sorties flown even in perfect weather.
Should one move the AOG counters from their initial locations? I moved them forward with the advance of the armies except the main one in Berlin. They have 2-3 supply listed. I see the aircraft at 100% ready.
Ideas?
What am I doing wrong? The Ground support button is on. Fighters are within range but never fly air superiority missions. I have not changed anything in the doctrines, the mission and escort are set at 100% the required is still 20%. The min weather needed is still poor. You see the planes located near the front on airbases. I execute the AI button every turn but nothing happens, always zero sorties flown even in perfect weather.
Should one move the AOG counters from their initial locations? I moved them forward with the advance of the armies except the main one in Berlin. They have 2-3 supply listed. I see the aircraft at 100% ready.
Ideas?