Page 1 of 1
PBEM game
Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:33 pm
by NotOneStepBack
Is it possible to reverse a submitted move on the PBEM server?
I accidently resolved a turn as I thought it was only the air phase. It's my game with Bertram.
RE: PBEM game
Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:11 pm
by Joel Billings
It used to be possible for us to go back one save and reload from there. WitE2 is using a newer version of the MP system than WitW/WitE1 and I don't see that option on the management screen. If you're interested, I can ask Matrix if there is a way to do that. The way it used to work was it would only go back to the last time the game had been saved, so it depends on when you last had done that. If you hadn't since the start of your turn, you'd have to replay you entire turn. Let me know if you want me to look into this.
RE: PBEM game
Posted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:57 pm
by NotOneStepBack
Yes please, I hadn't saved, so it should just take me to the start of the turn anyway.
RE: PBEM game
Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:03 pm
by Joel Billings
I found out how to do it. Do you want me to revert one save back in your game with Bertram which was last played on the 25th?
RE: PBEM game
Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 5:05 am
by Bertram
To follow this one up - we had some email contacts, and Joel tried to revert to a previous save. Somehow that mixed the players up - I now can open the turn of my opponent, but can't save it (the game notices that I am not the current player when saving). And he can't open the turn, as the game thinks there I am the one that sould go.
Joel offered tho change the game to "old fashioned" email, which is where we stand.
I would like to thank Joel for his efforts - more assistence than I expected, while it was clearly a user error.
Meanwhile I have kind of the same problem in another game, and I now understand how this might happen. I did a turn in another game, and wanted to text my opponent. Hit F12, typed the message. It was too long for the message box, so I hit <enter>, and kept typing, ending with an <enter>. When I looked at my screen, I saw the game was uploding the turn to my opponent.... I think I had to mouse-click the message box after the first enter and before the second text. Now the game saw the (text) input as commands, and the <enter> as command to end the turn (because that is the default option after the F12 key).
Fortunately I had done most of my turn, only the second Air-assist phase missing (and the CC checks and supply checks I always do at the end of the turn). But from a design standpoint the dev's might want to take a look at this sequence, as I expect more peopple will accidentely end the turn while typing a text to their opponent. As to the players, I would suggest only sending texts after finishing al the actions in your turn, to avoid this problem.
edit: Have to amend this; it seems the game saved to server (and closed??). So I could open the turn and end it as I intended to.
RE: PBEM game
Posted: Tue May 04, 2021 3:23 pm
by Joel Billings
Thanks for the extra info. I'll pass this along to Pavel when I speak with him on Thursday. I'll also check then about the conversion of your game to PBEM if I don't hear back from him before then.