Page 1 of 1
H2H Stalingrad help!
Posted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:59 pm
by twparker
I am playing M4's H2H Stalingrad by e-mail. I installed SPWAW from disk and installed the patches MCLV1, MCLV2 and MCLVsound. Then I installed the latest H2H mod and M4's Stalingrad. That gives me the v7.1 at startup and H2H ce PBEM at the main menu. My opponent has done same. However, I see little discrepancies in the game like units described wrongly in the unit info screen. Now my opponent says he could see my forces during an air attack I made. Any ideas?
Thanks
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 11:47 am
by Ross Moorhouse
Moved to here as I am sure it will get a quicker reply here.

Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 8:05 pm
by BryanMelvin
Did you install the H2H package? or just add the H2H campaign to the current 7.1 build?
Re: H2H Stalingrad help!
Posted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:02 pm
by tracer
Originally posted by twparker
Now my opponent says he could see my forces during an air attack I made. Any ideas?
Thanks
This is the infamous 'spotting bug'...its been around as long as I can remember, and many have told me it is un-fixable. When one of your planes enters the map,
every one of your units can be seen by your opponent. My 'remedy' is to not use planes in battles against human opponents.
What units are being 'described wrongly'? H2H uses some different unit names than v7.1 (especially German forces).
Re: H2H Stalingrad help!
Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:54 pm
by M4Jess
Originally posted by twparker
I am playing M4's H2H Stalingrad by e-mail. I installed SPWAW from disk and installed the patches MCLV1, MCLV2 and MCLVsound. Then I installed the latest H2H mod and M4's Stalingrad. That gives me the v7.1 at startup and H2H ce PBEM at the main menu. My opponent has done same. However, I see little discrepancies in the game like units described wrongly in the unit info screen. Now my opponent says he could see my forces during an air attack I made. Any ideas?
Thanks
Some one did their own conversion...are you guys playing my conversion ??
Re: Re: H2H Stalingrad help!
Posted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 2:15 am
by BryanMelvin
Originally posted by tracer
This is the infamous 'spotting bug'...its been around as long as I can remember, and many have told me it is un-fixable. When one of your planes enters the map, every one of your units can be seen by your opponent. My 'remedy' is to not use planes in battles against human opponents.
What units are being 'described wrongly'? H2H uses some different unit names than v7.1 (especially German forces).
HINT:
The spotting bug is caused when you save a scenario from player two side in the game editor. If you save by activating Player One deploy - then exit deploy then save - you will not have the spotting bug occur;)