Page 1 of 1
Got Steam Key... How To?
Posted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:30 pm
by Werewolf13
I've had Flash Point Campaigns since it was first released. Recently I've been switching all my Matrix games over to Steam. Normally an easy process - not so much with FPC.
I've gotten almost all of the extra maps and user created scenarios available in the FPC downloads location on Matrix. Unfortunately I can't seem to install them into the steam version. I'd hate to lose access to that content.
SO: How does one go about installing that content into the steam version?
RE: Got Steam Key... How To?
Posted: Mon May 03, 2021 2:58 pm
by KungPao
This is from my memory, so I could be wrong
on your steam upper left corner there is an option called "games", click that option then choose "activate a product on steam"
then hit, next, read an agreement then hit I agree, then a new window will pop up. input your steam key there
RE: Got Steam Key... How To?
Posted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:02 pm
by Werewolf13
Sorry...
I did a lousy job of communicating what I need. I know how to use the steam key to install the game into Steam.
What I need to know is how to install 3rd party content like mods/maps/scenarios etc into the Steam version of the game. I'd especeially like to know how to install the stuff on the Matrix FPC downloads section into the steam version.
RE: Got Steam Key... How To?
Posted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:20 pm
by CapnDarwin
Werewolf13, You will need to open the game's file location and then unzip the 3rd party content into the correct subfolders (maps, mods, and scenarios).
RE: Got Steam Key... How To?
Posted: Mon May 03, 2021 3:37 pm
by Werewolf13
Thanks, just what I needed.[:)]
Been a few years since I played FPC. Forgot what an excellent sim it is. Loaded it up and tried to just jump back in.
Yeah... [X(]
Right... [8|]
I also seem to have forgotten that it's a lot more complex than just pushing a few units around. [&:]