Page 1 of 1
Escort flight path
Posted: Mon May 10, 2021 4:42 am
by Chris21wen
Did I imagine you can control escort flight paths separate from strike flight paths. I've can find nothing to say this is so.
RE: Escort flight path
Posted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:14 am
by cato13
So you want your escorts to fly a different path from your strike force, would that not defeat the purpose of the escort mission in the first place?
I'm not sure that can be done.
RE: Escort flight path
Posted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:30 pm
by cfulbright
That's in Bombing the Reich, not War in the West.
Cary
RE: Escort flight path
Posted: Tue May 11, 2021 2:30 am
by Chris21wen
ORIGINAL: cfulbright
That's in Bombing the Reich, not War in the West.
Cary
OK thanks.
RE: Escort flight path
Posted: Tue May 11, 2021 2:32 am
by Chris21wen
ORIGINAL: cato13
So you want your escorts to fly a different path from your strike force, would that not defeat the purpose of the escort mission in the first place?
I'm not sure that can be done.
That depends on when and where the escorts take off from.
RE: Escort flight path
Posted: Tue May 11, 2021 11:32 am
by cfulbright
There's a different factor in the air game, which is picked a staging base for a bombing missions with escorts. Given the bombers almost always have longer range than the escorts, I always set the escorts' base as the staging base. That gives the escort their maximum range for that air directive.
Cary