Page 1 of 1

question about construction SU's

Posted: Sun May 16, 2021 2:41 am
by Mike Donner
Please excuse me if i'm being short and direct (if it comes off), I just typed out some nice questions in a nice format only to switch tabs and have this message board erase everything. I'm kind of pissed about that.

What HQ is the best place to have my construction SU's so they can be sent out by the AI to towns/cities/airfields for repairs? Does this depend on "Priority repair" being set? And will the AI send more than one CSU out per turn?

Also, I believe the rule book says only "Higher Command" will send out CSU's, does that include Army Groups?

Thanks.

RE: question about construction SU's

Posted: Sun May 16, 2021 6:46 pm
by Laits
It's only a question of distance. AG HQ give more flexibility while Army and Corps HQ permit to focus on specific areas.
Don't forget also that these kind of units help to build fortification. So it's always a good choice to have 2 to 3 construction units per infantry corps.

RE: question about construction SU's

Posted: Mon May 17, 2021 12:39 am
by Mike Donner
Ok so any HQ will send them to a town/depot/airfield to repair if needed the distance of their command range. They don't have to be located in the hex.

And I was wondering how that worked with fortifications, so it's automatic then. Perfect, thanks for the info!

RE: question about construction SU's

Posted: Mon May 17, 2021 10:49 am
by Laits
Everything is automatic. The manual is pretty clear about this aspect. If you want to prioritize an industry/railyard etc. You can also use the priority repair function. It cost you 1 AP but it can be useful if you really need to restore the capability.
Enjoy your game!

RE: question about construction SU's

Posted: Tue May 18, 2021 11:23 pm
by Mike Donner
Yes it does say it pretty clear now that i look at it in the fortifications section.... and the "other construction units" section, and the "port and rail yard factory priority repair" section.

I also notice many "can"'s and "may"'s because it looks like passing an admin check is required.

So... "Each eligible support unit may assist the fort level building of no more than one combat unit per turn." ...so having passed an admin check each construction unit in any HQ can help repair or fortify one location or unit. Great!

That's awesome, and saves a lot of trouble. I'm sure I looked it up a while ago and so I thought I knew what was going on. It just seems to me that I'm always looking at a nice newly acquired town and seeing a RR or port still damaged, with no construction unit attached. And then it seems only maybe one, two, can't remember three, construction units in OKH or one of the Army Groups has one of the little "c"'s in a stack of anywhere from 5 to 10 CU's. I have never seen both (usually keep two) in a Corps HQ with a "c" at the same time.

Maybe I am just not meeting all the requirements. Will that "c" be present when the CU is helping fortify?

Thanks for reminding me there is a whole heck of a lot more going on in this game than I thought!

RE: question about construction SU's

Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 9:52 pm
by Laits
I would say that this ā€œcā€ means that the construction unit is attached to a city (repair railyard, port, etc.).
So it should not be useful to build fortifications.
Someone can confirm this?

RE: question about construction SU's

Posted: Fri May 21, 2021 11:09 pm
by carlkay58
Yes the 'c' means it is assigned to a city somewhere.