Page 1 of 1

Soviet Naval/Airborne Counters (and Ski) Mod

Posted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:34 pm
by Hardradi
LINK

1) New two tone Soviet Naval Infantry counter “Black Death” (working as designed)
2) Soviet Airborne (VDV) Counter works for Airborne Brigades, Divisions and Guards units, coloured “sky blue” (has a problem where the formation colour bleeds into the sky blue counter colour as seen in the images below. Works well where counter set to white, lighter colour or blue shades).

A bonus:
3) Soviet Ski battalions (has the same problem of formation colour bleeding into the counter. See image below. Works well with white and lighter colours). Note, these battalions do not appear on map. Soviet Ski brigades appear to use the default infantry counter. Not sure if this is a bug or WAD.

Image

RE: Soviet Naval/Airborne Counters (and Ski) Mod

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:13 am
by jlbhung
Link not working??? Cannot download the mod

RE: Soviet Naval/Airborne Counters (and Ski) Mod

Posted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:52 am
by Hardradi
Sorry, should be working now.

RE: Soviet Naval/Airborne Counters (and Ski) Mod

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:59 am
by jlbhung
Thank you Hardardi. I like your idea of using dual colors for those airborne and marine units but do not know how to resolve the issue arising from formation color. I plan to play a short scenario game using your design to see if I can cope with not using formation color.

RE: Soviet Naval/Airborne Counters (and Ski) Mod

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:23 am
by Hardradi
If you just want the Naval counters, I can strip it down, they are unaffected by the formation colour. I am aleady getting used to the colour "bleed" into the airborne forces.

RE: Soviet Naval/Airborne Counters (and Ski) Mod

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:08 am
by xhoel
These look quite nice Hardradi. A shame that the color blends in with the formation color though.

RE: Soviet Naval/Airborne Counters (and Ski) Mod

Posted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:35 am
by jlbhung
ORIGINAL: Hardradi

If you just want the Naval counters, I can strip it down, they are unaffected by the formation colour. I am aleady getting used to the colour "bleed" into the airborne forces.

Thank you. The current one is good. In fact I studied your mod and then adopted your approach to my own counter set where the symbols for HQ and forts are changed. They looked very well even with formation color, if the color is light.


[Edit: replaced with a better image]

Image

RE: Soviet Naval/Airborne Counters (and Ski) Mod

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:31 am
by Hardradi
Nice, I was thinking the same thing a few days ago. [;)] Can you share?

If you have a look in the Dropbox folder linked above, I just dropped in a "Counter9x9.tga" file. This is my modified version of Vilcum's mod "More info on zoom1 (9x9)" which has "full" German HQ symbols and colours. You can see it here: LINK

In fact the credit for this mod indirectly belongs to him. Looking at his mod I could see what was going on with the counter files.

RE: Soviet Naval/Airborne Counters (and Ski) Mod

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:33 am
by Hardradi
ORIGINAL: xhoel

These look quite nice Hardradi. A shame that the color blends in with the formation color though.

Cheers.

RE: Soviet Naval/Airborne Counters (and Ski) Mod

Posted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:32 am
by jlbhung
ORIGINAL: Hardradi

Nice, I was thinking the same thing a few days ago. [;)] Can you share?

Do you mean my counter set with dual color for airborne and naval inf units while symbols for HQ and Fort modified? Attached.
.
[Attachment uploaded again on 1 Mar 2022. Dual color for ski units did not work well and removed]

RE: Soviet Naval/Airborne Counters (and Ski) Mod

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:42 pm
by moichris
Hi
the link is not working anymore.

But, attachment in your last message is still good.

thank you.