Page 1 of 1

Chaff ineffective?

Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:20 pm
by Swant
I could be wrong about this but I don't remember ever seeing the probability of chaff spoofing a missile being higher than zero. (Aircrafts)

I play mostly cold war scenarios, where chaff probably should have some chance of success?


RE: Chaff ineffective?

Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 6:44 am
by Swant
Test with different aircrafts and missiles. The chance for success is always 0%

RE: Chaff ineffective?

Posted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:51 am
by Lowlaner2012
I have noticed this as well, although I play more modern scenarios were chaff is probably less effective...

RE: Chaff ineffective?

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:00 pm
by PN79
This problem is still there in Build 1147.39.

The text from engagement between radar guided missile and aircraft:
"19:01:55 - Decoy (Generic Chaff Salvo [5x Cartridges]; Tech: N/A) from F-16A Falcon is attempting to seduce sensor: SARH Seeker (Tech: Early 1970s)(Guiding weapon: SA-2f Guideline Mod 1 [S-75M2 Volkhov, 5YA23 / V-759] #3). Final probability: 0%. Result: 12 - FAILURE"

I think this problem originated when ship chaff effectiveness was reduced against radar guided anti-ship missiles but it also negatively affected aviation chaffs. So currently all aircraft chaffs usage has 0 % chance for success (at least what I have observed).

RE: Chaff ineffective?

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:13 pm
by Dimitris
Can we see a pre-impact save?

RE: Chaff ineffective?

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:14 pm
by Dimitris
ORIGINAL: PN79
The text from engagement between radar guided missile and aircraft:
"19:01:55 - Decoy (Generic Chaff Salvo [5x Cartridges]; Tech: N/A) from F-16A Falcon is attempting to seduce sensor: SARH Seeker (Tech: Early 1970s)(Guiding weapon: SA-2f Guideline Mod 1 [S-75M2 Volkhov, 5YA23 / V-759] #3). Final probability: 0%. Result: 12 - FAILURE"

Can we see a pre-impact save?

RE: Chaff ineffective?

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:04 pm
by PN79
Attached test scenario before missiles launch with that result.

RE: Chaff ineffective?

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:54 am
by Deserere
Hi, the issue was fixed and will be included in the next update release


RE: Chaff ineffective?

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:57 am
by PN79
Thank you