Page 1 of 1
cannot enter VH
Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2000 2:01 pm
by frank1970
During a assault mission I had to destroy a battery and a ammodump. I dropped engeneers near the area and assaulted the artillery post. Everything went fine. The crews fled in panic and the ammodump exploded in a great way but after that I could not enter the victory hex! Can you help me?
Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2000 3:12 pm
by Lars Remmen
If the victory hex is where the ammo dump was then you're out of luck. A blown up ammo dump creates an impassable hex. Perhaps special forces can manage it but your regulars can't
------------------
Lars
Nec Temere - Nec Timide
[This message has been edited by Lars Remmen (edited December 11, 2000).]
Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2000 12:35 am
by Flashfyre
Hehehe......I learned this the hard way, too.
When creating scenarios, NEVER put a VH in the same place as an ammo dump. Nuthin' I've seen can get in there (full of burning crates, exploding rounds, and a blazing inferno worse than an flamer). I usually put VHs, if desired, next to the dumps.
Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2000 6:24 am
by Wild Bill
Very true. You can't enter a hex where an ammo dump has exploded....WB
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2000 4:24 pm
by frank1970
Thanks guys!
Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2000 7:10 am
by Wild Bill
Happy to help. Like you, I learned this the hard way too
Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games
Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2000 7:31 pm
by David F. Wall
This is kind of intriguing. I remember at least one post in the form that asked if we couldn't have an "impassable terrain" type hex. This was declined, probably because it was attached to far more complex requests (multiple elevations, etc).
However, it seems we have a way for this to occur in the game, but we don't have a way to get at it in map editing, et. al.
This isn't a request to add this feature -- I understand, and sympathize, with Matrix's desire to draw the line and get on with work that will sustain the company. I'm just curious from a technical standpoint.
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2000 3:41 am
by Niko
When creating scenarios, NEVER put a VH in the same place as an ammo dump. Nuthin' I've seen can get in there (full of burning crates, exploding rounds, and a blazing inferno worse than an flamer). I usually put VHs, if desired, next to the dumps. [/B][/QUOTE]
Never is a strong word

Scenario objective
could be to capture precious ammunition for your troops and blowing them up should not go unpunished. Of course the dumps must be edited not to shoot back.
In SP3 VH under exploding Ammo or Fuel Dump
goes neutral. Does this happen in WAW too?
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2000 8:02 am
by Wild Bill
Ge adjacent to one when it goes off and you'll be punished, all right
I can't remember about SP3.
I guess the philosophy was it was enemy ammo and the purpose was to deprive them of it.
This is an uneducated guess, by the way, Niko.
Wild Bill
------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games