Page 1 of 1
A quick comment on editing a member's post without actually showing it is from the member
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:04 pm
by arvcran2
I respect that content is controlled on the forums here - but what I must strongly disagree on, humbly, is allowing it to look like it was the members content. This in my opinion is a breach of trust between the member and the culture here, even though I may agree with the edited content. Though I give it the benefit of the doubt and leave it to be done in the best of intensions.
RE: A quick comment on editing a member's post without actually showing it is from the member
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 2:17 pm
by wodin
??
RE: A quick comment on editing a member's post without actually showing it is from the member
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:24 pm
by arvcran2
Notion: using someone else to say what you want to say.
Quick lists:
Advantages - you are not held accountable for saying it
- you are able to get your message across more readers or more important readers using their reputation
- all the reasons I have not listed here
Disadvantages - you risk losing the ability to leverage a team player to a common goal
- you lose the opportunity to have established a communication coming from what you believe to be something you should convey, and are not recognized for it
- you risk being caught and punished for doing something you may have considered to be in the best interest
- the original author's real message has been tampered with and is no long theirs anymore, it may have lost intended affect that was in the best interest of the common goal
- all the other disadvantages I have not listed
RE: A quick comment on editing a member's post without actually showing it is from the member
Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:41 pm
by Bamilus