Page 1 of 1
Northern Supply Route
Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:16 am
by jubjub
I think there's opportunity to expand the detail of the Lend Lease north route through Murmansk.
Currently, the route delivers supplies through the winter when the port is locked by ice in reality. Additionally, as far as I know, cutting the Murmansk railway does not cease the flow of the Lend Lease north supplies.
I think both of these items should be changed. I also think it would be interesting if you could model Naval interdiction of the supply route from German subs and airforce out of Norway.
RE: Northern Supply Route
Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:25 am
by panzer51
To be honest you should be able to cut off the southern route too. The problem all supplies flow unhindered into the total pull no matter where they come from.
RE: Northern Supply Route
Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:34 am
by GibsonPete
Absolutely agree.
RE: Northern Supply Route
Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:54 am
by Dreamslayer
ORIGINAL: jubjub
I think there's opportunity to expand the detail of the Lend Lease north route through Murmansk.
Currently, the route delivers supplies through the winter when the port is locked by ice in reality. Additionally, as far as I know, cutting the Murmansk railway does not cease the flow of the Lend Lease north supplies.
I think both of these items should be changed. I also think it would be interesting if you could model Naval interdiction of the supply route from German subs and airforce out of Norway.
There is not only Murmansk on the north but also Arkhangelsk. So cutting Kirovskaya railroad (Murmansk-Leningrad) somewhere (as it was did by Finns) do not stop supply because there is Severnaya railroad (Arkhangelsk - Yaroslavl).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arctic_co ... ic_convoys
Sorry for Wiki link.
RE: Northern Supply Route
Posted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:31 pm
by Kursk1943
I mentioned the whole problem some time ago, when I cut the railroad towards Archangelsk and got the Caucasus (cutting the LL via Iran) and nothing changed for the Soviets.
I was told that it has not been considered, because in such a situation the game has been won anyways [8|] and also will not be considered in future, because in such a case the Lend and Lease deliveries would have been compensated by intensifying LL via Vladivostok. [8|] So no need to change anything. [8|][8|]
Ergo: the historic attempt to get Murmansk was a strategic folly anyways...[8|][8|][8|][8|]