Page 1 of 1
Win 11
Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:06 am
by LeeChard
Has anybody tried out Win 11 yet? I'm wondering mainly if it messes with my War in the Pacific command lines(again).
RE: Win 11
Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:38 am
by CGGrognard
I'm using Win 11 and most of the Matrix games I play, actually seem to run a little smoother. I haven't experienced any notable problems using Win 11.
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10510U CPU @ 1.80GHz 2.30 GHz
Installed RAM 12.0 GB (11.8 GB usable)
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
RE: Win 11
Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:17 pm
by zakblood
must also admit on a older pc and a fresh install, it seems somewhat quicker than windows 10 did.
i've set up a dual boot while i'm waiting to get another test pc up and running.
Operating System: Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22000) (22000.co_release.210604-1628)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
Processor: AMD A4-5300 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16328MB RAM
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
Display Memory: 10191 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2027 MB
Shared Memory: 8164 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (59Hz)
Description: Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)
Driver Version: 10.0.22000.1 (English)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
Date and Size: 05/06/2021
no issues with drivers for a older system or updates either for that matter and it also found a key for itself of the old hardware so wasn't needed during install, so painless and 30 mins total on a old system
RE: Win 11
Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:13 pm
by zakblood
would i recommend going to windows 11 at the moment?
short answer and quick no,
reasons are plenty, windows 10 has more than a few builds under it's belt and is stable,
while windows 11 is good, for most it's stable, but for me as my main gaming pc anyway, i'll stick with windows 10 for now and see what happens down the road with 11 after a few builds, as windows 10 didn't work great for everyone out of the box on some of the early builds, so while M/S has learnt a lot, for me i can wait as been using windows 11 and 10 now for more than a while and atm don't feel there's any great sudden need or rush for me to use it either as of yet, windows 10 works and for me works well so until something comes out that won't work with windows 10, i'll stick with the UI i know and like as windows 11 looks alone hasn't won me over quite yet.
RE: Win 11
Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:28 pm
by cpdeyoung
I have been running Windows 11 since Windows Insider preview days. I have had no trouble with any games I have tried, but I only play a few.
I agree that the build seems stable.
Chuck
RE: Win 11
Posted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:06 pm
by Juddyana
I have no problems with Windows 11, all games are stable.