Page 1 of 1
Ottoman Surrender
Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:51 am
by ThisEndUp
Hello,
The Ottomans surrendered via armistice in my game, but there appears to be no hit to either German or AH national morale. Is this working as intended?
RE: Ottoman Surrender
Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:04 am
by BillRunacre
That may kick in at the end of the next turn, please confirm either way, and if not then I'll get investigating.
RE: Ottoman Surrender
Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:54 pm
by Bavre
Was this our game? If so it was definitely there on my turn.
RE: Ottoman Surrender
Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:55 pm
by ThisEndUp
The message popped up? It does not seem like your NM dipped at all though. I circled the period there the Ottomans surrendered. AH did not seem to be affected either

RE: Ottoman Surrender
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:01 pm
by Bavre
Got some message related to the Ottomans and just assumed that is it and clicked it away.
But I just took a closer look and yes, something is definitely not right here.
For the Devs:
This is challenge ID 335493
the same game I made this thread about:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5095208
There I assumed that the Ukraine not giving anything was a misconception on my part. But now I have increased the units around Warsaw to 12 and I'm still not getting anything.
Could those 2 things be linked? Like some scripts not firing for some reason?
RE: Ottoman Surrender
Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:26 pm
by BillRunacre
Thanks, I've got a theory for why these National Morale scripts might not have fired, so will have a think about a more foolproof way to implement these scripts in future.*
Apologies for your current game as it does mean the Central Powers will have more staying power than they should have.
* Actually, the same script that led to the Ottomans pulling out of the war should have triggered these NM drops, so it is a mystery why the former happened and not the latter. Still, there is another way to implement it that will work.
RE: Ottoman Surrender
Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:23 pm
by Bavre
Ok great! It won't be a real problem for the game as it won't change the outcome.
Re: RE: Ottoman Surrender
Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:46 am
by ANdreaa23
Bavre wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 3:01 pm
Got some message related to the Ottomans and just assumed that is it and clicked it away.
But I just took a closer look and yes, something is definitely not right here.
For the Devs:
This is challenge ID 335493
the same game I made this thread about:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=5095208 slope game
There I assumed that the Ukraine not giving anything was a misconception on my part. But now I have increased the units around Warsaw to 12 and I'm still not getting anything.
Could those 2 things be linked? Like some scripts not firing for some reason?
I came across your game thread. It's nice