Page 1 of 1

Where do I send my shrinks bill. Mr WB

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2000 6:18 am
by Don Doom
OK just finished my fourth battle of W.F. after taking a forced break due to sick kids. Three marginal victorys[bearly] one Decive vic.
OK where in the all that is unholy, did you come up with planes and gliders that act like troop trucks made of 100 foot thick armor plate. I was only able to kill/destroy? five of the gliders using artillary!
Not one dent in the planes. Sappers to the left partsons to the right KV-85s to the rear. This must be another WB campain.
I have no nerves left! What the hades is next! Oh noo I have to take a farm god only knows what i am going to run into or have run into me! HE HE HE
Keep up the Good work Mr WILD BILL.
Don


Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2000 6:58 am
by Wild Bill
Sounds like you have that "Thousand Yard Stare," Double D! Image

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2000 7:55 am
by Don
Hey Don,

During testing, I spent half the scenario firing on those planes with Tigers, with no effect! They are the "incredible indestructo-planes!!

Have fun "down on the farm"!

Don

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2000 9:28 am
by ARIS
Originally posted by Don:
Hey Don,

During testing, I spent half the scenario firing on those planes with Tigers, with no effect! They are the "incredible indestructo-planes!!

Have fun "down on the farm"!

Don
Me too,those gliders were a secret weapon of the SU. I haven't been able to kill not even 1. Tigers, panthers, 30mm AA guns, machine guns,artillery, rocket artillery...
Also I've been noticing some T-34 had extra tritanium shields,heavenly luck, and the M1A2 gun mounted on them. They have been killing my Tigers (front armour) from a distance!!!

Anyway,so far I'm looking good (but you can't see me in the night cause visibility is 3)

How many more scenarios are there for this campaign?

Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2000 11:14 am
by Wild Bill
You've got probably 2 or 3 more hard fights ahead of you, guys, if you are dealing with the gliders.

Those trapped Kamaraden are still counting on you and the code word, "Watchword Freedom!"

Those gliders and their contents are some mean muthahs!

Wild Bill

------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games

Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2000 2:45 pm
by Fredde
We all heard about Hitlers famed (and much over-rated) secret weapons which would end the war when they got into use. Are those invulnerable cargo planes Stalins secret weapons? Image

Imagine loading one of them with explosives, slowly taxing across the ground all the way from Moscow to Berlin, invulnerable to anything.. even 88 mm AP ammunition and flamethrowers won't bite. That would have been a bigger threat to Hitler than Stauffenbergs attempt. Only problem is that the war would probably be over before they got to Berlin..

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2000 3:44 am
by Don Doom
A draw, would you be believe a draw. Took all v-hexes then was headed home just as the russians showed up. Then the game ended. Oh well. Off to hill 239!.
Don d.

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2000 8:35 pm
by Recruit
This is a new campaign game? Where can I go to download a copy??

Posted: Fri Dec 15, 2000 9:16 pm
by Wild Bill
Sounds like a Goliath with wings, Fredde!

Watchword Freedom can be found on the two support sites for SPWAW, either Fabrio's or Rick's SPWAW sites.
[url="http://tankhead__1.tripod.com/"]http://tankhead__1.tripod.com/[/url]
http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/sp_waw.htm

Wild Bill


------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games