Page 1 of 1

Can't save to multiplayer server?

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:17 pm
by NotOneStepBack
After finishing my turn as a soviet player on the server I'm getting this message? Do I have to redo? Is the server working?



Image

RE: Can't save to multiplayer server?

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:24 pm
by NotOneStepBack
I had to close the game and it did not save to server after I did my turn.

I relogged into the game via steam and nothing was saved, it was back to air planning mode. Just to test this I didn't do anything and clicked save to server and it did in fact save. Kind of annoying I will have to re-do the turn but why does this happen?

Is this a steam issue? I briefly had a message saying "steamapi has failed". Should I not use Steam?

RE: Can't save to multiplayer server?

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:43 am
by NotOneStepBack
Update: I was able to run the air phase now and save to server.

I will just save frequently and not keep the game open for several hours at a time....maybe it was a steam server issue or something, but seems to be working now.

RE: Can't save to multiplayer server?

Posted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:51 pm
by Joel Billings
Once you are in the game, it's not a Steam issue, but an issue between your internet and the Matrix Server. If they can't connect when you try to save you will get that message. It can be because the Matrix server is down, or because your internet happened to be down. Best to just wait a bit and try again. Check to make sure your internet is working ok. If it is, then it mostly likely is a brief outing on the Matrix side. In the past, we've had reports of players with spotty internet having problems saving, which is why we added this ability to try again.