Page 1 of 1

C-17 / C-130 Rapid Dragon Pallets

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:07 pm
by TempestII
Before I potentially post this in Tech Support, I want to double check that I'm not being dense. I've got a scenario on 1147.39 where I've got both EC-130SJs and C-17s with the ability to deploy AGM-158C Rapid Dragon Pallets. Unfortunately, I can't get them to fire. The pallets themselves have no valid target option (which makes sense) but I also can't get them to manually drop via Shift + F1 either.

Is this operator error or a tech support issue?

PSA for a save.

Image

RE: C-17 / C-130 Rapid Dragon Pallets

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:29 pm
by dadizonline
Try Ctrl + F1 it's bearing on launch mode

RE: C-17 / C-130 Rapid Dragon Pallets

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:38 pm
by boogabooga
There is no 'range', 'PoH', 'CEP', or 'valid targets' defined in that database entry, nor is it BOL-capable. So no, of course you could never get it to fire at anything- at least not in the conventional sense. Whether that is intended is another matter. I don't know anything about those Rapid Dragon Pallets; are you sure that they are supposed to be fired, or do those have to do with moving weapons around as cargo?

RE: C-17 / C-130 Rapid Dragon Pallets

Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:12 pm
by rmwilsonjr
Looks like it should be a cargo mission, not a strike mission.

https://www.overtdefense.com/wp-content ... 68x466.jpg

Having read further, it appears the idea is to shoot multiple missiles from the pallet while it is descending, so good luck with that given the mission options available to us in CMO. [&:][:)]

RE: C-17 / C-130 Rapid Dragon Pallets

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:40 am
by TempestII
ORIGINAL: boogabooga

There is no 'range', 'PoH', 'CEP', or 'valid targets' defined in that database entry, nor is it BOL-capable. So no, of course you could never get it to fire at anything- at least not in the conventional sense. Whether that is intended is another matter. I don't know anything about those Rapid Dragon Pallets; are you sure that they are supposed to be fired, or do those have to do with moving weapons around as cargo?

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/4 ... se-missile

It certainly sounds like they should be able to fire as such. But I assume, as the the weapons are fired from the pallet rather than the aircraft, it's maybe caused an issue or isn't entirely obvious in CMO. I'll have a play around with a cargo mission later.

RE: C-17 / C-130 Rapid Dragon Pallets

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:05 pm
by Dimitris
This is currently not working as designed. It was added in the DB just before we released it, so we didn't have time to also add the sim-side special logics for it. It will have to wait for a future update.

Sorry!

RE: C-17 / C-130 Rapid Dragon Pallets

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 6:38 pm
by TempestII
ORIGINAL: Dimitris

This is currently not working as designed. It was added in the DB just before we released it, so we didn't have time to also add the sim-side special logics for it. It will have to wait for a future update.

Sorry!

That would explain it! No worries and thanks for the update.