Page 1 of 1
Model design and Nuclear Engines
Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:58 pm
by Bebop Cola
Can anyone explain what's required to add nuclear engines to a vehicle model?
I have the Fusion Engine tech and can add them to trucks, but Medium tanks and mobile artillery only have triple-electric engines as the most powerful engine.
These are base designs, as I'm still learning about what field testing improves upon. I wouldn't think it would require extensive field testing to be allowed to create a tank model that can field a nuclear engine, whereas it's not needed to put one on a truck.
Any suggestions?
RE: Model design and Nuclear Engines
Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:58 pm
by Voker57
Field testing does not allow additional model changes, it only improves base design. Unfortunately nuclear engines are restricted.
RE: Model design and Nuclear Engines
Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:15 pm
by Bebop Cola
ORIGINAL: Voker57
Field testing does not allow additional model changes, it only improves base design. Unfortunately nuclear engines are restricted.
How are they restricted, and where can I find more information on that?
I'm not sure I understand why they'd be allowed for a truck, but not for a tank.
RE: Model design and Nuclear Engines
Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:03 pm
by Voker57
Nowhere except the actual model design screen. Nuclear engines on trucks are considered to be an oversight by many.
RE: Model design and Nuclear Engines
Posted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:37 pm
by Bebop Cola
ORIGINAL: Voker57
Nowhere except the actual model design screen. Nuclear engines on trucks are considered to be an oversight by many.
Ah. I see.
So should they be allowed for tanks? I don't see them available for medium tanks, at least, despite the GR Pattern units you can occasionally find. I was actually trying to copy one of those when I ran into this.
My mobile artillery design has a "very underpowered" engine since I can only put a triple electric engine on it.
Mostly I just want to confirm if it's intended that I can't use Nuclear engines on models, or which models I
can use them on. I don't see anything in the manual that says they're restricted, and didn't find anything when I searched the forum either.
RE: Model design and Nuclear Engines
Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 4:50 am
by LeoMPanther
Basically only the heaviest vehicles can mount the nuclear engines. Heavy tanks, Monitor tanks, heavy walkers and the mobile shield. I agree, there should be a mention somewhere where you can use this technology.