Page 1 of 1

Assigning Weapons in the Mission Planner

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:46 pm
by Deathbunny
I am currently playing through Kobyashi Maru (Red Tide Scenario 2). I want to use the CHARLIE II SSGN to take out the southern side of the CVBG escort screen. The escorts in question comprise a cruiser and two frigates, and I have 8 SS-N-9s to share between them. I have set up a mission for the CHARLIE II with the three escorts nominated as targets, plus an activation time and trigger condition set so things don't go noisy early, like they did in my first run through.

However, I can't find a way of allocating my SS-N-9s so that when the mission triggers the CHARLIE II comes to firing depth and lets rip without my intervention. I want to send four missiles at the cruiser and two and each frigate, but the only way I have found of doing this is with the manual attack option which automatically sets the targets to hostile and triggers everyone else to start shooting (the Russian units under my command I can set to Weapons HOLD to stop this, but I have no such control over the Libyans who start spaffing missiles off left, right and centre). Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Assigning Weapons in the Mission Planner

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:51 pm
by hrfepo1
Tagging along.

Re: Assigning Weapons in the Mission Planner

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:08 pm
by BDukes
Deathbunny wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:46 pm I am currently playing through Kobyashi Maru (Red Tide Scenario 2). I want to use the CHARLIE II SSGN to take out the southern side of the CVBG escort screen. The escorts in question comprise a cruiser and two frigates, and I have 8 SS-N-9s to share between them. I have set up a mission for the CHARLIE II with the three escorts nominated as targets, plus an activation time and trigger condition set so things don't go noisy early, like they did in my first run through.

However, I can't find a way of allocating my SS-N-9s so that when the mission triggers the CHARLIE II comes to firing depth and lets rip without my intervention. I want to send four missiles at the cruiser and two and each frigate, but the only way I have found of doing this is with the manual attack option which automatically sets the targets to hostile and triggers everyone else to start shooting (the Russian units under my command I can set to Weapons HOLD to stop this, but I have no such control over the Libyans who start spaffing missiles off left, right and centre). Anyone have any ideas?
Take a look at Weapons release authorization in the Rules of Engagement dialog. You can specify that certain target classes get x amount of missiles, salvoes etc.

Mike

Re: Assigning Weapons in the Mission Planner

Posted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:04 pm
by Deathbunny
BDukes wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:08 pm
Take a look at Weapons release authorization in the Rules of Engagement dialog. You can specify that certain target classes get x amount of missiles, salvoes etc.

Mike
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll take a look at that.

Re: Assigning Weapons in the Mission Planner

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:36 pm
by tylerblakebrandon
For a visual reference here is the box. In my case it's a Tarantul V corvette with 16x SS-N-25. I've used your parameters to set up the box to spilt 16 missiles between 2 frigates and a cruiser. I've set WRA to take 8 shots at the cruiser and 4 shots at each of the frigates based on the size of the vessel for WRA purposes. I've restricted use against surface combatants above/below the size of my targets and also for ships outside my desired target type (i.e. the carrier or an auxiliary in your case).

Re: Assigning Weapons in the Mission Planner

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:43 pm
by hrfepo1
Thank you! I finally understand how to use this table!

Re: Assigning Weapons in the Mission Planner

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 11:34 pm
by Deathbunny
tylerblakebrandon wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 1:36 pm For a visual reference here is the box. In my case it's a Tarantul V corvette with 16x SS-N-25. I've used your parameters to set up the box to spilt 16 missiles between 2 frigates and a cruiser. I've set WRA to take 8 shots at the cruiser and 4 shots at each of the frigates based on the size of the vessel for WRA purposes. I've restricted use against surface combatants above/below the size of my targets and also for ships outside my desired target type (i.e. the carrier or an auxiliary in your case).
Thank you, that's extremely helpful! It hadn't occurred to me to tell the CHARLIE II *not* to engage anything else!