Page 1 of 1

Creating Designs

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 7:11 am
by Staby_Mcstabman
I love the new design system in the game. It actually gives purpose to each ship class and has plenty of options. But I would like to use multiple of those options. For instance, when I get improved frigates I want to make a fast frigate and a heavy frigate. Is there a way to differentiate the hull classes in the design screen? For retrofit purposes, it becomes impossible to sort out those designs. Or maybe I'm just missing it.

Re: Creating Designs

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:18 am
by BTAxis
Mostly no. This is one of the biggest annoyances to players right now.

Re: Creating Designs

Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 10:16 am
by rxnnxs
This thread has some very interesting ideas. Also concerning your wishes.
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 1&t=380740

Re: Creating Designs

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:50 am
by baldamundo
Yeah this actually seems like a really weird oversight, unless I'm missing something? Doesn't seem to be any way to check what hull an existing design is using, other than counting the bays.

Re: Creating Designs

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:58 am
by arvcran2
In order to maintain several designs, including different hull types (moot), you must set designs to update manually.

To use different hull types and remember them, your best bet is to name ships using a system that allows you to remember the hull type. Retrofitting ships with multiple design per role requires significant attention and control unfortunately, and not all retrofit methods will support choosing a specific design. Set retrofits to be done manually.

Re: Creating Designs

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 10:08 am
by Nilserich7
Exactly for this reason, I make all designs myself and update at least my battleships manually. Would be nice if there would be improvements.