Logistics prioritization could be improved
Posted: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:17 pm
My border colony starport - home to my biggest fleet - has no fuel in storage. It is requesting plenty, but it is not getting any. I don't have a productions shortage of Caslon.
There's a strong traffic of freighters going between there and my homeworld, but they are not carrying fuel, just going there empty and carrying some luxuries back.
Looking at my home system, I can see that each of the 10+ mining stations there all have 2000+ fuel stored and is requesting more. It appears they are higher in prioritization. While having mining stations act as fuel depots can make sense, I don't need many different fuel depots in a single system, while other systems to empty.
Perhaps some logic looking at the cumulative amount of fuel stored in a system could be used to prioritize fuel allocation?
Bases which are home to a fleet should certainly be prioritized higher than bases which are not.
There's a strong traffic of freighters going between there and my homeworld, but they are not carrying fuel, just going there empty and carrying some luxuries back.
Looking at my home system, I can see that each of the 10+ mining stations there all have 2000+ fuel stored and is requesting more. It appears they are higher in prioritization. While having mining stations act as fuel depots can make sense, I don't need many different fuel depots in a single system, while other systems to empty.
Perhaps some logic looking at the cumulative amount of fuel stored in a system could be used to prioritize fuel allocation?
Bases which are home to a fleet should certainly be prioritized higher than bases which are not.