Page 1 of 1

[1.0.2.6]Boskaran Troop Transport Ruin wipes out Independant Colony

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 8:47 pm
by zgrssd
I had the "Destroyed Troop Transport" Ruin on a Continental planet that was also a Independant Colony of ~190M Humans.

When the ruin was opened, the entirety of hte Human population just vanished without any mention in the events. And a new Indy colony was formed where the old one was.

I asume that is a bug. In fact, I asume these ruins spawning a continental world is a bug - as that realy just results in Boskara that hate living on the planet!

Re: [1.0.2.6]Boskaran Troop Transport Ruin wipes out Independant Colony

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:18 am
by baldamundo
Ohhhhh. I think this must have happened to me. Is this the early story event that the Mortalens get? When I had it it was a Boskaran colony on a continental world. Which I assumed was some kind of bug or oversight.

Essentially you have to colonise it in order to advance the story - but then you're just stuck with a permanently unprofitable, unhappy colony losing you like 5k a year for the rest of the game, with not really very much you can do about it. There's no way to abandon a colony and the "resettle" population policy doesn't seem very effective, even if you had somewhere to resettle them to - which you probably won't early game.

Re: [1.0.2.6]Boskaran Troop Transport Ruin wipes out Independant Colony

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:28 am
by SirHoraceHarkness
Probably a bug since the ruins that add in a new independent race should spawn on unsettled worlds.

Re: [1.0.2.6]Boskaran Troop Transport Ruin wipes out Independant Colony

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:19 pm
by zgrssd
And another layer to this:
Apparently the Planet turned itself into a full Empire. A human empire. Which resulted in the Boskaran population being wiped out and replaced by about 150M Humans.