Page 1 of 1

[1.0.2.7] 0 Colony bug

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:53 pm
by firemad
Hi,

The bug is obvious but I don't know if someone posted it.

You can't exit a 0 colony when you exterminated everyone.

The colony cost money and the only way is to tax them at 100%.

If they can't rebel like in my save game then I got a loop because I always crush them lol

Sadly only editor can help me out.

I guess the bug can happen to after that you colonize a new planet and you want to exit it... well you can't.

Also the population and ressource text overlap at each other when the colony is at 0.

Re: [1.0.2.7] 0 Colony bug

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:59 pm
by zgrssd
Why are you on .7?
1.2.0.6 is the current live version.

Re: [1.0.2.7] 0 Colony bug

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:43 pm
by firemad
zgrssd wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:59 pm Why are you on .7?
1.2.0.6 is the current live version.
Here is now the current live version 1.2.0.7: https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 6&t=381865 :mrgreen:

Re: [1.0.2.7] 0 Colony bug

Posted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:51 pm
by SirHoraceHarkness
I think there should be a dedicated mechanic to abandon a world. Maybe tied to your passenger ship capacity to how quickly it happens.

Re: [1.0.2.7] 0 Colony bug

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:22 am
by Llamageddon
And/or to give independence, as an option that would not depend upon passenger/colony ships. Inability to abandon a world in any way is at best an annoyance, and at worst seems to lead to some bugs like the one mentioned by OP.

Re: [1.0.2.7] 0 Colony bug

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:09 pm
by firemad
Also a conquer strategy instead of colonizing it peacefully. I don't want to move human to a toxic planets :mrgreen:

Re: [1.0.2.7] 0 Colony bug

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:32 pm
by zgrssd
firemad wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 6:09 pm Also a conquer strategy instead of colonizing it peacefully. I don't want to move human to a toxic planets :mrgreen:
Everything suitability related seems to be calculate off the primary species of the planet - whose maximum population is high because of that suitability, so you always get the best.

So as long as they do not become the new default, humans are fine.