Page 1 of 1

How can I get my fleets to just clear a system?

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:25 am
by jaweknee530
All I want is to send a big fleet into a system and trust it to just go through and clear out all of the bases and ships in that system when I'm at war. I try setting my fleet to be an attack fleet but it seems like the Enemy Targets section is just plain busted. I'll have a 5k strength fleet sitting IN the system of stuff I want to kill just one little jump over from its home base and none of the bases etc show up as targets. Or if they do I get the "No Fleet with fuel and engagement range to attack this target" bs. If I set the fleet to manual and engagement range of "system" it just sits there with its thumb up its ass. And on the off chance I do get the attack fleet to do anything it'll kill one base then jump off half my empire away to refuel before coming back for the next attack even though it only used up lik 10% of its fuel! What am I missing?

Re: How can I get my fleets to just clear a system?

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:04 am
by Barleyman
I had the same problem. Set them to patrol the system, maybe set engagement range to "system". This works at least with the fleet on manual.

Sometimes the "patrol" command appears when the fleet is outside the system, sometimes it doesn't, I guess it depends where you right-click.