Page 1 of 1
Beta 1243.5 Game freeze
Posted: Sat May 21, 2022 12:49 pm
by pgatcomb
I was testing a scenario for my video for the week and every time my mission launches, the game immediately freezes and I cannot save. I had to End task both times. Luckily I have both the save and a video showing what led up to it:
https://youtu.be/KkN8uacJi-I
And the save (minus the created missions):
I am using the steam version with the experimental patch selected, and I did apply the .5 patch from the forum.
Re: Beta 1243.5 Game freeze
Posted: Sat May 21, 2022 2:51 pm
by thewood1
So I tried rebuilding the Blowitup mission just like you had in the video, along with the support mission. I have attached it after they all launched. It ran fine and the mission executed as it should. Can you look at the missions and see if they are exactly as you built them?
Re: Beta 1243.5 Game freeze
Posted: Sat May 21, 2022 5:46 pm
by pgatcomb
This is strangest thing too, I tried your mission and it was fine. I then retried my own and it was also fine?
The only odd part was that for some reason the game is ignoring flight sizes for strikers (it sent out 8 groups of 1 instead of 2 groups of 4!).
Re: Beta 1243.5 Game freeze
Posted: Sat May 21, 2022 7:31 pm
by thewood1
btw, I really like your CMO and MSFS videos. If I can make a request...how about one on the new alert settings and intermittent EMCOM settings?
Re: Beta 1243.5 Game freeze
Posted: Sun May 22, 2022 1:14 am
by pgatcomb
That's exactly what I had planned for May 30.
Re: Beta 1243.5 Game freeze
Posted: Sun May 22, 2022 11:32 am
by Nikel
Sorry for the off-topic.
The scenarios you create for your videos were requested, would you share them?
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... b#p4995340
Re: Beta 1243.5 Game freeze
Posted: Sun May 22, 2022 8:17 pm
by Dimitris
pgatcomb wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:46 pm
This is strangest thing too, I tried your mission and it was fine. I then retried my own and it was also fine?
....gremlins?
Have to admit that's a bit of a head-scratcher. No-repro issues...
Re: Beta 1243.5 Game freeze
Posted: Sun May 22, 2022 11:50 pm
by boogabooga
What, a program running on the Windows operating system crashed for no apparent reason?