Colonization Madness III
Posted: Sun May 22, 2022 11:20 pm
So here's another example.
This time you can see that the automation has made an additional colony ship - beyond what is required - and appears to be filling it with humans - to go colonize a world that I recently colonized already.
This is what I mean by "out of sync":
Note that Ceeple is already colonized by me. They are not neutrals, those are my folks. Yet it's listed as a colonization target. It very obviously has totally failed to acknowledge that this world is colonized - and needed to be deleted from the colonization orders entirely. Thence a lot of automation "decisions" are whack. This is what I mean by "once it fails, it never gets it right again." It's now off in its own universe - where worlds and orders have no relationship anymore.
Save included. "Fading Scout" is the colonizer that is whack this time.
This time you can see that the automation has made an additional colony ship - beyond what is required - and appears to be filling it with humans - to go colonize a world that I recently colonized already.
This is what I mean by "out of sync":
Note that Ceeple is already colonized by me. They are not neutrals, those are my folks. Yet it's listed as a colonization target. It very obviously has totally failed to acknowledge that this world is colonized - and needed to be deleted from the colonization orders entirely. Thence a lot of automation "decisions" are whack. This is what I mean by "once it fails, it never gets it right again." It's now off in its own universe - where worlds and orders have no relationship anymore.
Save included. "Fading Scout" is the colonizer that is whack this time.