Page 1 of 1

hello!

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2000 10:25 am
by motrek
I've been playing wargames for over thirty
years now, and just want to say what an
utter joy it has been to discover SPWAW!
I have long been frustrated that I could
never get SP3 to run on my machine, but that
is all obviated with SPWAW. No, I can't
do modern scenarios, but I figure in time
SP modern battles will be available.

SPWAW is the game Squad Leader aspired
to be about twenty years ago, and it
captures so much of the fun of table
top gaming with micro-armor, but without
all the work and trouble.

What's further impressive is the commitment
of Matrix and many others on this list
to continually upgrage and improve the
game. Kudos to you all; I hope I can
eventually be of help and service to that
end.

I've only had the game a couple of weeks
now, so let me get up to speed with it.
Before long, I hope to jump into league
play or via the net.

Cheers,
motrek

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2000 12:06 pm
by Wild Bill
Allow us to extend the hand of wargaming fellowship to you Motrek!

We are glad to have you with us. I'm also delighted that you have found so much pleasure in SPWAW.

That was our intent.

And now, having as a Windows game has given more longevity (to my personal delight). This time Microsoft does not have the last word Image

This is a great forum. You will find here the friendliest, most helpful and extremely knowledgeable people on ANY forum, ANYWHERE.

They've learned and grown with us through the many stages of the game and a lot of them know more than I do about it. Image

We are at your orders sir. Be sure you have the latest versions and when you get squared away, check the Game Depot, the Map Depot and also the various supports sites for the game.

Good hunting...Wild Bill



------------------
In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Coordinator, Scenario Design
Matrix Games

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2000 5:12 pm
by Huffy
welcome motrek, glad you could join...pass it along to your friends...and get ready for a blast...it's a great game...
Take care..
Huffy

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2000 6:56 pm
by Panzer Capta
Welcome to a great fraternity Mortek!!

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2000 7:05 pm
by Warhorse
Welcome motrek, get ready for many late nights!!! Enjoy! Image

------------------
Mike Amos
Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2000 7:18 pm
by Warrior
Glad to have you aboard!

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2000 9:17 pm
by AmmoSgt
Welcome aboard give me yer orders and then go over to the mess hall (eer dining facility) and get somethin to eat we will find you a bunk after that

Posted: Tue Dec 19, 2000 9:34 pm
by Flashfyre
Welcome ta the Army, 'cruit.
Yer in for a treat, cuz this is what we been lookin' for since SL came out.
If ya got any questions, or just wanna tell a story 'bout yer battles, post 'em here. There's lotsa info.
And if ya just jaw 'bout the "old days" of wargamin', stop on by the Motor Pool. I always keep a pot of joe on the stove. Image

------------------
The Motor Pool
http://www.geocities.com/aurion_eq/index.html?976419304550
kmcferren@cvn.net

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 4:42 pm
by k1w1
Welcome aboard,get ready for lots of sleepless nights.
This is the best game ever.


------------------
Is attack the best form of defence?