Page 1 of 1

Steam key?

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:22 pm
by Athelas2211
I just bought the game but I dont see the steam key anywhere?
I need it on steam to automatically update and that i can play it from different computers since I travel abroad alot and like having saved games in cloud.

Help?
Can more then 2 players play in mp?

Re: Steam key?

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:52 pm
by Joseignacio
You cant find it because the game is not in Steam. It is still far from the required quality parameters.

No, no more than 2 players can play in mp... unless you make your own system sharing screen et al and somebody making the moves of all his side, but the game is ready for 2 only in mp (called netplay) at the moment. This will come (if it comes) many years from now, since there are other projects waiting.

Re: Steam key?

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:50 am
by Courtenay
There is a key that lets you download from the Matrix games website. You should have that. All the updates are available there.

Re: Steam key?

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:40 am
by Orm
Not sure if MWIF is released on Steam. If it is I suggest that you check on the policy for steam keys on the General Forum (I recall seeing such threads there).

Re: Steam key?

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:34 am
by Athelas2211
Such a shame not having it in a steam quality. The ease of use is fantastic on steam.
It would be really great to have proper MP.

Re: Steam key?

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:30 pm
by Joseignacio
Athelas2211 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:34 am Such a shame not having it in a steam quality. The ease of use is fantastic on steam.
It would be really great to have proper MP.
Also, I believe many of the problems of the NetPlay come from the server used now. For example, today the computer hanged when calculating if it was possible to give an unnecesary (the unit was not flipped) HQ support to a JA unit in North China.

We couldnt get it right even when we reloaded the file. Finally my opponent was surprised that I attacked his 3 strength militia with 4 factors, and there is where we saw that while in my computer I had a whole stack moved forward, totalling like 12 factors more and he had nothing of that in his. I sent him my file and everything went ok.

IMO this shows how most or all the problems of NetPlay proper come from a rather failing netplay forum, and this wouldnt happen in Steam.