Page 1 of 1

CMO or Armored Brigade

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:50 pm
by Lobster
Not sure which one to use my anniversary coupon on. Armored Brigade would be my first choice but the limited maps make me hesitate unless there's an editor for loading other regions. Command Modern Ops is my second choice since you can fight practically anyplace but the graphics are kind of bad for a game that costs that much. If I had the money I'd buy both but alas, not possible.

Re: CMO or Armored Brigade

Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:07 pm
by RangerJoe
Well, the coupon is for for 30 days if I remember correctly so you may still have time to decide or maybe someone can help you out.

Re: CMO or Armored Brigade

Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:08 pm
by altipueri
Armored Brigade has a random battle generator; CMO depends on ready made scenarios.

I have both games, but never really got into CMO - too complicated for me - I guess I ran out of enthusiasm.

There's a 1943 mod for Armored Brigade, although not much developed since it came out a year or so ago - but I use it as I recognise the old stuff better than new.
----
Why not try a completely different era? Napoleonic or Roman?

Re: CMO or Armored Brigade

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:59 pm
by Lobster
If someone could recreate a game like GDWs Borodino I might get some Nappy games but what I've seen so far does not trip my trigger.

Re: CMO or Armored Brigade

Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:27 pm
by rico21
Armored Brigade is disappointing.
Motorized reconnaissance does not exist, among other things...

Re: CMO or Armored Brigade

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:46 am
by Lobster
Yeah I went with CMO.