Page 1 of 3
Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:08 pm
by SamSlitherine
Hi Everyone,
The latest official patch for Command is available to download now.
v1.04.114748 is accompanying the latest DLC release: Command Showcase - Queen Elizabeth.
Please note, if you are currently on the Public Beta version using our Matrix Public beta installer [PC] BETA - Update 1.05.12651.00, or using the update packs provided by Dimitris, you can still purchase and play the new DLC, BUT you will need to revert back to the official patch. You can use the DLC installer packaged with your purchase, to grant access to the DLC content once you have your serial.
If you have not installed the Beta using the update installer, none of the above applies and please update as normal using the official patch.
If you are on the Public Beta version on Steam, you can also stay on the Public Beta branch and it will also work there. Or you can revert back to the official version.
If you have experienced any issues with installing the patch and have the beta installed - please uninstall and revert back to the official version....then apply the beta patch again (if you want to be on that version)
- Some features are only available in the public beta for example, but the DLC will work for both versions. And the official patch is the more stable version

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:23 pm
by thewood1
I installed it over 1268.1. The installer activated it. Should it have downloaded it or do I have to find the scen file. Its not in the 1268.1 directory anywhere. Or do I have to install it in the non-beta build first and then copy it over?
btw: 1268.1 is in the default CMO directory. The release build (1147/8) is in a different directory.
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:26 pm
by Dragnaath
I have the same issue, can't locate the scenario in the scenario menu.
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:40 pm
by DWReese
Same....Can't locate the scenario. My Command.exe file is dated 08-12-2022, and that doesn't seem correct.
My flash screen still states Build 1268.1
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:45 pm
by thewood1
The date doesn't really matter, other than a clue. What matters is the version number on the program.
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:46 pm
by jbmoore68
I installed over 1268.1 also and I can't find it either.
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:55 pm
by BDukes
Doesn't appear to work with the public beta. Bought with steam. No update. Tried reinstalling as beta and didn't work.
The scenario does appear if you opt out of the public beta. 11.47.48
Thanks!
Mike
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:55 pm
by Grackle
Aloha,
I am also experiencing the issue with the Showcase scenario not showing up in the game directory. I am using the Steam Beta Branch with 1268.1 manually installed. Let me know if you need any additional info.
Mark
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:58 pm
by HalfLifeExpert
Just an FYI:
I'm running Command on Steam, and I was running the beta branch.
The game would not download the new patch while in the beta (and therefore I couldn't access the DLC)
I'm afraid you have to revert to the non-beta, download the new patch, and then re-install the Tiny Beta
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:14 pm
by SamSlitherine
Hi Guys, thanks for reporting these issues.
If you are experiencing the issue with the Matrix version - please use the official update.
And also opt into the official branch in Steam.
If you then want to update to the public beta you can.
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:16 pm
by SamSlitherine
HalfLifeExpert wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:58 pm
Just an FYI:
I'm running Command on Steam, and I was running the beta branch.
The game would not download the new patch while in the beta (and therefore I couldn't access the DLC)
I'm afraid you have to revert to the non-beta, download the new patch, and then re-install the Tiny Beta
Please follow these steps if you are on Steam. And can also do the same with the Matrix version
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:19 pm
by thewood1
To limit some of the frustration, you might want to update the instructions and get to the other threads where this has come up.
I will only have to do some directory renaming and copying, but some probably have not kept a release version of the game. Is it possible to post the actual scen files so they can be downloaded and copying to the public beta directory?
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:20 pm
by DWReese
I'm afraid you have to revert to the non-beta, download the new patch, and then re-install the Tiny Beta
All of that sounds like a recipe for some corrupted files.
There needs to be a better way, otherwise Elizabeth isn't going to be played with very much.
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:21 pm
by SamSlitherine
If you have experienced any issues with installing the patch and have the Matrix beta installed - please uninstall and revert back to the official version using the Setup and update installers
....then apply the beta patch again (if you want to be on that version)
- Some features are only available in the public beta for example, but the DLC will work for both versions. And the official patch is the more stable version

Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:26 pm
by HalfLifeExpert
SamSlitherine wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:16 pm
HalfLifeExpert wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:58 pm
Just an FYI:
I'm running Command on Steam, and I was running the beta branch.
The game would not download the new patch while in the beta (and therefore I couldn't access the DLC)
I'm afraid you have to revert to the non-beta, download the new patch, and then re-install the Tiny Beta
Please follow these steps if you are on Steam.
UPDATE:
Upon completing the Beta Download, the Showcase scenario and folder disappeared.
This needs to be addressed ASAP
I will try preserving the scenario and folder with a manual backup, but there's clearly an issue here
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:29 pm
by SamSlitherine
HalfLifeExpert wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:26 pm
SamSlitherine wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:16 pm
HalfLifeExpert wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:58 pm
Just an FYI:
I'm running Command on Steam, and I was running the beta branch.
The game would not download the new patch while in the beta (and therefore I couldn't access the DLC)
I'm afraid you have to revert to the non-beta, download the new patch, and then re-install the Tiny Beta
Please follow these steps if you are on Steam.
UPDATE:
Upon completing the Beta Download, the Showcase scenario and folder disappeared.
This needs to be addressed ASAP
That shouldn't be the case at all, did you apply the official patch and input the serial and then apply the beta update over it?
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:32 pm
by jbmoore68
HalfLifeExpert wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:26 pm
SamSlitherine wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:16 pm
HalfLifeExpert wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:58 pm
Just an FYI:
I'm running Command on Steam, and I was running the beta branch.
The game would not download the new patch while in the beta (and therefore I couldn't access the DLC)
I'm afraid you have to revert to the non-beta, download the new patch, and then re-install the Tiny Beta
Please follow these steps if you are on Steam.
UPDATE:
Upon completing the Beta Download, the Showcase scenario and folder disappeared.
This needs to be addressed ASAP
Yes, I had the same happen when I reinstalled the beta. Seems like it should be simple to just install one scenario
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:34 pm
by HalfLifeExpert
SamSlitherine wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:29 pm
HalfLifeExpert wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:26 pm
SamSlitherine wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:16 pm
Please follow these steps if you are on Steam.
UPDATE:
Upon completing the Beta Download, the Showcase scenario and folder disappeared.
This needs to be addressed ASAP
That shouldn't be the case at all, did you apply the official patch and input the serial and then apply the beta update over it?
I'm on the steam version, so there's no inputing any serials.
I reverted away from the Beta, which automatically updated to the latest official version.
I then loaded up the game to have a quick look at the DLC and print the Briefing.
Then I opted back into the beta, and after waiting for it to complete, the Command:showcase folder was completely absent (this is before I installed the 1268.1 patch manually)
I've reverted back to the Official release. Since I have to leave for work soon, I'll wait until later to try and re-installing the Beta
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:36 pm
by thewood1
Just a quick clarification...
If I have the release version updated with the new scenario, can I just copy scenario over the the 1268.1 beta and have it work? Just want to understand what I'm going to have to reinstall.
Re: Command: Showcase Queen Elizabeth upcoming Release and Patch
Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:37 pm
by SamSlitherine
Thanks for your reports HalfLife. We are looking into the issue and i have asked for the Public Beta branch to be taken down until we find the fix.
So for the meantime, on Steam please use the official branch. - if you are wanting to get onto the 'tiny' update then follow Dimitris instructions and use the latest update pack - you can overwrite/add them to your Steam install and it should work.