Page 1 of 4
Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:24 pm
by ncc1701e
Back to this wonderful game, I am doing a quick scenario.
Objective is clear:
The Romans must kill Spartacus and eliminate all slave rebels to win, at the lowest cost.
Quite a long time since I did not play and this is my first time playing this scenario. Will see how it goes.

- 0001.JPG (220.65 KiB) Viewed 3246 times
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:28 pm
by ncc1701e
Or should I say defeating
Kirk Douglas?
Romans morale is at 95, same as the Slaves. Pirates are at 110.
Cities objectives:

- 0002.JPG (243.38 KiB) Viewed 3245 times
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:29 pm
by ncc1701e
And some historical background, I like this game also for this:

- 0003.JPG (270.9 KiB) Viewed 3243 times
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:30 pm
by ncc1701e
First thing, improving my army and buy some replacements. For this, I need money of course.

- 0004.JPG (205.78 KiB) Viewed 3242 times
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:34 pm
by ncc1701e
At start, my options are limited. Praetor Glaber, a well known Romulan euh Roman, is located with two cohors in Neapolis.
Facing Spartacus and its army. Not yet an impressive army but I prefer not to attack it right away. Instead I enter the city of Neapolis to be protected by its walls.

- 0005.JPG (347.83 KiB) Viewed 3241 times

- 0006.JPG (187.4 KiB) Viewed 3241 times

- 0007.JPG (202.72 KiB) Viewed 3241 times
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:37 pm
by ncc1701e
Cohors are componed of light infantry. As such, I am starting to buy some light infantry replacements just in case.

- 0008.JPG (340.28 KiB) Viewed 3237 times

- 0009.JPG (306.15 KiB) Viewed 3237 times
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:44 pm
by ncc1701e
Spartacus is heading south east since Paestum is now captured. Replacements are beginning to arrive.

- 0010.JPG (261.02 KiB) Viewed 3225 times

- 0011.JPG (221.87 KiB) Viewed 3225 times
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:50 pm
by ncc1701e
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:59 pm
by ncc1701e
Since Spartacus is gone, I am taking the risk to send Praetor Glaber back to Neapolis and to enter the city.

- 0015.JPG (280.9 KiB) Viewed 3216 times

- 0016.JPG (162.41 KiB) Viewed 3216 times
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:04 pm
by ncc1701e
At the same time, I am sending Furius Manus to Spoletium. And General Publius Varinius is entering the city of Rome.

- 0017.JPG (326.36 KiB) Viewed 3213 times

- 0018.JPG (282.65 KiB) Viewed 3213 times
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 7:13 pm
by ncc1701e
Three small slaves armies are heading north while the bulk of the slave army is in the south.
If I could cut these two forces...
I am sending Praetor Glaber north to enter the city of Luceria.
Meanwhile, I am trying to perform a port blockade of Metapontum.

- 0019.JPG (326.29 KiB) Viewed 3212 times

- 0020.JPG (239.88 KiB) Viewed 3212 times

- 0021.JPG (228.92 KiB) Viewed 3212 times
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:27 pm
by ncc1701e
Going to Spoletium was a good idea since looks like it was the next target of my enemy.
However, my fleet is catched by a great storm, not a good idea to sail in winter...

- 0022.JPG (158.91 KiB) Viewed 3195 times

- 0023.JPG (268.13 KiB) Viewed 3195 times
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:30 pm
by ncc1701e
Luceria is besieged by the walls are intact. Spartacus' army don't have any equipement to destroy walls. The secret seems to hide my army behind cities' walls.
But the revolt continues to expand.

- 0024.JPG (211.47 KiB) Viewed 3192 times

- 0025.JPG (278.04 KiB) Viewed 3192 times
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:33 pm
by ncc1701e
Spoletium and Luceria are both resisting. An assault was repulsed at the cost of 61 men. The enemy has lost 246 men.

- 0026.JPG (186.07 KiB) Viewed 3190 times

- 0027.JPG (168.04 KiB) Viewed 3190 times
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:37 pm
by ncc1701e
Is Rome the next objective of Spartacus? Maybe.
I order to the garrison of Luceria to perform a sortie if it can't destroy few other slaves.

- 0028.JPG (237.61 KiB) Viewed 3188 times

- 0029.JPG (223.54 KiB) Viewed 3188 times
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:39 pm
by ncc1701e
The storm has damaged quite significantly my fleet. Taking replacements for my ships will impact my national treasure. But, at the same time, a positive event is very welcomed.

- 0030.JPG (241.94 KiB) Viewed 3182 times

- 0031.JPG (253.52 KiB) Viewed 3182 times
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:44 pm
by ncc1701e
Speaking of Spartacus, here he is coming to assault Luceria. But, now, my first four legions are on the map in Rome. In the news, the Slaves have bought the Pirates leaders in order to incite them to evacuate slaves from Metapontum.

- 0033.JPG (273.27 KiB) Viewed 3180 times

- 0034.JPG (299.32 KiB) Viewed 3180 times
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:50 pm
by ncc1701e
Seeing this, I decide to use the transport fleet in Brundisium to perform a naval landing in Metapontum. I need to cut the sea access of Spartacus. And this is a first victory for Rome.

- 0035.JPG (171.61 KiB) Viewed 3177 times
[hr}

- 0036.JPG (171.62 KiB) Viewed 3177 times
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:55 pm
by ncc1701e
With Capua besieged by a relatively small Slave army, I commit my two legions. First attack are made by Slave army against the city and the garrison is almost wiped out on day 1. The legions can't be there before one week...

- 0037.JPG (221.23 KiB) Viewed 3175 times

- 0038.JPG (177.11 KiB) Viewed 3175 times
Re: Defeating Spartacus?
Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:59 pm
by ncc1701e
One day 2, my unit near Metapontum is resisting an assault of the garrison there. I did not enter the city and I have nothing to assault these walls. On day 4, the remains of the garrison of Capua are destroyed. Capua is falling.

- 0039.JPG (177.26 KiB) Viewed 3171 times

- 0040.JPG (161.48 KiB) Viewed 3171 times