Page 1 of 1

vietnam_no3d poor performance

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 10:47 am
by Abrslam
I was going through the CSVN folders just having a look at the options available and decided to try launching the game with No3d since I only like to use the 2d view. The game runs perfectly well in with the standard Vietnam.exe, in both 2d and 3d, at all zoom levels. But when I attempt to run any scenario with vietnam_no3d.exe the game chugs along extremely slowly. Scrolling is extremely slow, moving about 2 hexes per second. I don't -need- no 3d mode so it's no big deal, but I thought I should report this.

CS Vietnam Update v1.22.00
Windows 11 64bit
11th Gen Intel Nuc i3 4cores @3ghz
16gb Ram
Intel UHD integrated graphics
Dispaly 1920 x 1080 (32 bit @ 60Hz)

-edit!!

- I tried running no3d with, and without administrator priveleges.
- Smooth scrolling, and screen edge scrolling are both enabled in regular, and no3d exe.
- all scroll modes with and without smooth scrolling all have the same issue

Re: vietnam_no3d poor performance

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:06 pm
by berto
Please see here:

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... 8&t=378222

The main takeaway from that discussion: "The real purpose of providing Vietnam_no3D.exe is for people with underpowered systems who literally cannot run the game the usual way."

If the regular Vietnam.exe runs fine for you, just use that. Ignore Vietnam_no3D.exe.

We will look more deeply into any Vietnam_no3D.exe issues in future, but at present it is not high priority. Later.

Re: vietnam_no3d poor performance

Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:58 pm
by Abrslam
Understood. Thanks!