Need help to make a custom mod
Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 11:42 pm
Hi guys I've been playing distant worlds for a good 500+ hours and have gotten to the point that I want to create a mod that isn't that large but is a little different from what is already out there.
I gained inspiration from the das chrome, retreatue and bacon mod as I enjoyed the multiple new races and government styles along with research.
I have also seen bacon's impressive work on colonising asteroids in pirates of jupiter bacon scenario which got me thinking if a repeating race specific event could be fired to spawn in moons around the capital planet.
I wish to make a custom race with its own permanent leader, unique government style, custom characters, race specific special events and a very ambitious hope to be able to have a special event which directly spawns a moon around the pre determined capital planet when a colony ship is built on that planet or spawns one every year which is done without the requirement of actively opening the ingame editor.
I personally believe the most difficult part to be the last one as I dont even know if its possible to do but I wish to try to see if I could do it. And if it is possible I wish to share it and create another mod after this one.
So far I've gotten started on the government style, permanent character and currently working on the custom race.
I am open to any advice or help that is offered as this is my very first time trying something like this.
I gained inspiration from the das chrome, retreatue and bacon mod as I enjoyed the multiple new races and government styles along with research.
I have also seen bacon's impressive work on colonising asteroids in pirates of jupiter bacon scenario which got me thinking if a repeating race specific event could be fired to spawn in moons around the capital planet.
I wish to make a custom race with its own permanent leader, unique government style, custom characters, race specific special events and a very ambitious hope to be able to have a special event which directly spawns a moon around the pre determined capital planet when a colony ship is built on that planet or spawns one every year which is done without the requirement of actively opening the ingame editor.
I personally believe the most difficult part to be the last one as I dont even know if its possible to do but I wish to try to see if I could do it. And if it is possible I wish to share it and create another mod after this one.
So far I've gotten started on the government style, permanent character and currently working on the custom race.
I am open to any advice or help that is offered as this is my very first time trying something like this.